Model fair Elgin Morayshire 3rd & 4th November 2012

BC

The Elgin Model Railway Club are holding a model fair at in Elgin's Town Hall - IV30 1UL from 10am until 5pm on Saturday and Sunday the 3rd and 4th November 2012. Although it is more of a railway event I see pictures of lorries etc on their website. I will probably have a run up on Sunday in preference to going down to Falkirk on the basis it is closer to home and I have't been to the Elgin Show before but I have been a couple of times to Falkirk.

I recall a few years ago this event was cancelled due to the snow so fingers crossed we don't get snow in two weeks time.

http://www.elginmodelrailwayclub.co.uk/2010/modelfairshow/modelfair-2012/modelfair-2010.html

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to some of the members who were exhibiting at the Model Railway exhibition held at RGU in Aberdeen yesterday and they confirmed there would be other exhibits including construction and lorries etc as well as just railway stuff. Lets hope the Glens of Foundland aren't blocked with snow....mind you they said I could always get the train!!!

I went to the Elgin model fair for the first time yesterday and spent a coupl of hours there. Not much in the way of farming stuff other than 3 Britains model on a stall which I already have. It was however a show with a lot of variety and was well attended.

P1050375.jpg

P1050376.jpg

P1050377.jpg

P1050378.jpg

P1050379.jpg

P1050380.jpg

P1050423.jpg

Angus Plums mate was at Aberdeen with his meccano fordson N with a trailer but now he has a working binder.

P1050424.jpg

P1050425.jpg

There were some war games going on with dice rolling and measuring tapes. not my cup of tea but each to ones own

P1050426.jpg

P1050427.jpg

P1050428.jpg

Yes it looked well and it was good to see the builder made the cloths too and they were powered by a motor as well.Even the speed of the flights looked right 8)

The only binder kit on the market I know about is a brass one by Tekno Bygg. They suggest the kit is assembled with solder and i have been told by a master model builder it was quite a tricky kit to build. The end result looks very good.

P1050049.jpg

P1050050.jpg

P1050051.jpg

The meccanno binder looks good.Always fancied one of these in 1/32 scale.

I can now confirm it is a 1/32 model and you might be able to get one from Ken Davies and or Dad's Tractors.....I'm sure you can do a google and find them ;D ;D

If you can manage to get one and make one you will need to get a period ScaleDOWN tractor as well..... a late 1930's Blue "Water washer" Fordson N or an early circa 1948 Fordson E27N would do the business...minus the ........"?footmower" ;D ;D

P1050041.jpg

P1050040.jpg