Heavy weathered Keenan spreader with Valtra

Hi everyone, as some of you know I'm not too keen on just a dusting of paint for weathering, not realistic enough. Over the coming months I'll have a few heavy weathered tractors and implements to show starting with this Britains feeder wagon and a less weathered Valtra. The Keenan is first sanded down on edges, a little minor damage to the body before adding warning decals, re-locating the PTO, and adding a few hydraulic hoses above the PTO. Next the interior and top half is layered with a mixture of PVA, dust and sawdust which I coloured- this is added in small layers to build it up. Next come the MIG oils and pigments to add a vast number of different browns, greys and greens to build up a weathered finish. Next MIG raindrops solution together with MIG oli and grease solution is added to relevant areas before an acrylic 'mud' is added and finally finished off with a 3 colour blast with the airbrush.

The pics are not great and I've popped in an old 7810 pic which some of you may remember. Let me know your thoughts :)

post-2924-0-42087400-1351945270_thumb.jp

post-2924-0-16535900-1351945284_thumb.jp

post-2924-0-07140100-1351945302_thumb.jp

post-2924-0-11399800-1351945315_thumb.jp

New rear hitch aswell?

I like what you did with the loader too, makes a great difference and makes the model totally unique :)

Yeah it was a 'proper' hitch from Farmodels.nl. A buyer from Ireland bought the Ford from me, I may do another soon as the tractor itself is really nice to age/weather and now I have a lot more MIG products I feel the outcome would be great.

Cheers Bazzza too for your comment.

I'm considering doing this little pairing next, could get muddy ;D

post-2924-0-00022100-1351960444_thumb.jp

Looks like a flipping mess!!

Just the outcome you wanted, no doubt!! It looks fantastic, reading your method you obviously know your stuff and take your time on the colours and layering. In much the same way a real machine gradually gets dirty over the year(s).

Really like all of them, especially the cab of the 7810 - I have collected plenty of 10 series looking just like that.

No Paul the 754 is a one off, it will have an implment too :) I don't usually sell my weathered stuff but I got a lot of interest on the Keenan and enjoyed doing it so that's why i will consider doing more, see how they go on Ebay.

No Probs, i'm looking forward to seeing the 754 creation take shape :) :)