Gama Deutz D10006A - red export versions

stapelopfordson

Today two GAMA Deutz tractors came in, of which I would like some more information. It are two red versions of the Deutz D10006A, one with a cabin and one with a frame.

Are these models sold in the US only? Can you say something about the product code on the boxes, which are "424" and "426". In what production numbers are these model produced? I heard these are rare, but what is rare in this case....

I hope I can get some more information, pictures are below.

Deutz_D10006A_beugel_doos.JPGDeutz_D10006A_beugel.JPGDeutz_D10006A_cabine_doos.JPGDeutz_D10006A_cabine.JPG

Edited by stapelopfordson

According to Crilley and Burkholder the "424" model was produced in 1976 and the "426" with the cab was produced in 1978. Both were originally made in Germany and are 1/29 scale and the cabbed version was also made in the more usual green.

Gama also made a similar version with a roll over frame (ROPS) which was available in both red and green and both with and without a side mower.

They are certainly rare these days but I don't have any information as to how many were actually produced in either colour. I have seen these make up to £70 on a good day on eBay but, as with all auctions, you could also get a bad day when they make much less than that.

According to Crilley and Burkholder the "424" model was produced in 1976 and the "426" with the cab was produced in 1978. Both were originally made in Germany and are 1/29 scale and the cabbed version was also made in the more usual green.

Gama also made a similar version with a roll over frame (ROPS) which was available in both red and green and both with and without a side mower.

They are certainly rare these days but I don't have any information as to how many were actually produced in either colour. I have seen these make up to £70 on a good day on eBay but, as with all auctions, you could also get a bad day when they make much less than that.

Mike, thanks for your information!