paint removal..

weblet375

Question

hello,i have a britains ford 6600(old style) that i got at a boot fair. it has been painted light blue with humbrol paint.i wont to strip the paint off and paint it the right colour.do i need to get a special remover or just normal stuff any help would be good. thanks andy

7 answers to this question

Stripping the old paint off the 'skid' unit is most effective by 'paintin' paint and varnish remover that you can buy in small tins from your local hardware store but wear rubber gloves as it will burn your skin. You may need to apply it a couple of times as it generally will only take off the top layer so you'll have to apply again for the other layers. You could also try nail varnish remover for a more delicate clean, the stuff women use to take the varnish off their fingernails.

Stripping the old paint off the 'skid' unit is most effective by 'paintin' paint and varnish remover that you can buy in small tins from your local hardware store but wear rubber gloves as it will burn your skin. You may need to apply it a couple of times as it generally will only take off the top layer so you'll have to apply again for the other layers. You could also try nail varnish remover for a more delicate clean, the stuff women use to take the varnish off their fingernails.

nitromors tim,as post above,other products are available Edited by paulali

Hi Andy the best and quickest way is to soak in caustic soda ....go to the pound shop and buy it cheaply ...get a dish fill with boiling water , place parts in and shake two teaspoons over the top of it . Please stand back and have it on the floor wear gloves . Bet u a hundred pound note it take it of . Let it sit for half hour in dish until all off then rinse with water and wire brush. Use thinners to wash the parts to stop the caustic working or degreser.