UH 1455XL and Ertl precision 1086

ertlerik

Thought i would post a few pictures of the UH 1455XL and the Ertl precision 1086, in this case with custom fwa.

003-49.jpg

004-50.jpg

005-35.jpg

007-27.jpg

006-31.jpg

008-24.jpg

Altough i love the 1455XL it does have a few flaws, starting with the cab doors that don't open, the rear threepoint is nice, but the wagon hitch is not on strait and the pin can not be removed to hook up a wagon, frontweights can not be taken off, frontwheels do not steer, and the antena has to be glued in place.

The precision 1086 has a lot more diecast parts, the cabdoors open and has better over all detail imo.

Still I am very happy to have this 1455XL on the shelf, it looks like a 10 but on detail it only scores a 7.

Erik

the front wheels dont steer? ??? i thought they did, seen pics of them with the fronts turned, or have i missed something

Had a good close up inspection of 1455 yesterday Sean, There is a bit of lock on the steering but i doubt there be any tight turns being made :laugh: , The tractor is impressive from a distance, and got a weighty feel to it, but the lack of opening door / window detail, the euro type hitch as Erik said has a fixed pin instead of a more useful pick up hitch, but there is another large problem that i spotted.........

....... There was no PTO on the tractor that i looked at ::)  My plans were to buy a nash and lash it on the front of a trailed forager, but looks like that forager will now need it's own engine cos the nash not going to power it :laugh:  :laugh:

Pics to follow :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

It is very seldom you see a scale model with a PUH Paul. It is really only used in the UK so manufacturers pay little attention. It should have a clevis at the rear really as well as the trailer hook thing. Leaving the PTO and the poor steering lock is yet another epic UH fail as we now know them best for! :-[

It is very seldom you see a scale model with a PUH Paul. It is really only used in the UK so manufacturers pay little attention. It should have a clevis at the rear really as well as the trailer hook thing. Leaving the PTO and the poor steering lock is yet another epic UH fail as we now know them best for! :-[

A clevis hitch would be a good 2nd choice over the PUH, Niels........ lot more use than the hitch thats on!! UH strike again!!! :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man