Shepton Mallet Sunday16th December

Lady Ferguson

Anyone tell me who will have stands there in the farming model and spares line. Thanks

Brian Norman should be there as well as the Welsh chap Cefwyn xxxxx (sorry can't remember surname). There are usually several Britains lead model dealers as well, Martin Jewell, Farmer Ed, Karen from Farm Models and of course our Mandy!!

Forgot to say we brought back quite a few interesting bits and pieces from Zwolle :)

ps Cefwn Davies, Peter - known to his friends as 'Ken' :)

Thanks Mandy, should have guessed at Davies, knew it wasn't Jones!! What's the interesting bits and pieces then?

I'll see you there, you in the usual spot?

Spent the morning wandering around. Really busy, looked like a lot of people were busy Christmas shopping.

Lots of new UH. The latest MF's were there but the all sold within the first hour. Also saw the two new MF grey trailers, surprised how small they were.

Picked up the two new UH Rolland BH 100 trailers and Manitou MI25D forklift.

Loads of other things I wanted but need to watch the cash at the moment.

Edited by PDH

I went, briefly, as an 'Early Bird' (pay extra to get in before official opening time), and bought a few cheap bits, some pre-war Britains lead zoo railings, and some Britains PVC plastic (circa 1968, previously made of polythene. They do look and feel different) cattle, the later plastic versions of their previous lead cattle. Those detailed Britains/Herald plastic farm figure studies by Jonathan Stephens have a lot to answer for - as for us OCD collectors there are now apparently numerous sub-varieties of each of those figures.

Then I had to rush home (less than 3 miles away) to buy some items ending on ebay 10 to 10.30.

Those cost me all of my 'pocket money' for this month, so I didn't go back to the fair afterwards, to avoid further temptation.   

Edited by david_scrivener
  • Like 2