Cow Compare - Friesian - Britains and Kids Globe

A little information request please.

I have been occasionally buying Britains Friesian cows to build a dairy army, and have got about 20 now. 

I have not seen the Kids Globe cows "in the flesh" and was interested to see if anybody had the Kids Globe cattle and could do a comparison or even a review on them.

I'd be interested to see what the Britains and Kids Globe look side by side and next to something for scale, i.e a 1.32 land rover or something!

I am curious to see if the Kids Globe cows are a better model?

I don't know about the Kids Globe range because I only collect older figures (generally made before 1970), but there are were quite a few plastic Britains Friesian cattle made over the years since the 1950s, plus the Timpo cows fit in pretty well, to help give you a variety of poses in your herd. Also look for plastic farm ranges made by European manufacturers, such Clairet and Starlux in France. You might need to look for them in the French version of eBay. I imagine most sellers will post to the UK, and postage costs shouldn't be too much.

well i am going to try some kids globe the only big difference is that the kids globes are wider bodied but are more beef cows than dairy and if you have small cubicals they wont probably fit in but will fit brushwood cubicals.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Have to say I love both. The Kids Globe are nicely textured and they're not so much bigger than the Britains that they won't fit into normal-sized cubicles. We've used them in our photographs with Agrigio cubicles and with our cattle crush without problems. Not the greatest pic in the World, but it's the only one I have with them side-by-side:

005-1.jpg

That's right Mandy, the new Britains Friesian cows have a matt finish and muddy feet.

I don't know if they do the Friesian that is sitting down in the same with matt finish???

Archived