Britains Valmet 805's versions

mf135

@mf135 (#1): These are indeed terrific pictures of very rare models. In regard to the first model, I do not have much to say. The decals are finished in the same way as the regular Volvo BM Valmet, except for leaving the Volvo BM name out. I do not know if there was a model with double rear wheels, but I have never seen one. Another possibility, however unlikely, is, that there was never made a model with double rear wheels casting of this one. Instead it was finished in the same (lighter red) colour scheme as the Volvo Valmet, and these two models, but the decals from the later “Valmet 805†finished in white. This model would be similar to the British colour variation of the 5 different Valmet colours but with double rear wheels.

As for the second model this appears in the 1987 Britains catalogue (on the front cover as well). Both models are reflections on what happened to the 805 tractor in real life, but one can wonder: why did Britains switch back and forth in the decaling, as they started with the Volvo BM Valmet, changed it to these two models, and switched back again all within 1987?

The second model has a sibling with double rear wheels as well. However, I have never seen a boxed issue of that one.

I have noticed that these two Britains models seem to occur more frequently in Sweden, maybe this is due to the fact that the Swedes simply bought more Valmet models from Britains than other countries. Or perhaps these were shipped to Sweden in greater number than other markets. Do you have any thoughts on that?

@Bill (#2): They do not appear in “Pocket Guide to Britain's Model Tractors 1948-1998â€. David Pullen, at least applying for the issue I have, lacks quite a few variations of different models. Though, it is still incontrovertible an amazing book that will set the standard for every piece of literature on the Britains farm line for many years to come.