New Stewart trailers launch

toyboy

That's the trouble, Blake. Kit nowadays caters for weights exceeding our outdated laws. Would a 25t silage trailer actually hold 25t of grass though, very doubtful so in this case the trailer is needed on its cubic capacity rather than it's weight capacity. Empty it must weigh near 7 or 8t though no?

No Definitely wouldn't hold 25T of Silage.. Would be going well with 18-19T I'd say.. Trailer is bound to weight about 8T alone I would say, Shes a brave cub! 

I would say with our 16T Herron, On our T6080 With a full load would be be close to the 24T! Never mind our T7060 with wheel weights on the Herron!  ;D

Now for a little defence on stewart trailers part as everyone seems to be getting their knickers in a knot over weight limits and regs, no one has actually noted that this company exports their trailers worldwide as well as catering for the home market and as we have all seen via the net some of our foreign cousins run some monster tractor trailer combos. Look at Claas with their cargo trailers, never heard anyone on here saying they were being unethical in offering for sale equipment which if used to its full potential would result in it being run illegally regarding weight limits. After our ftf visit to Stewart trailers factory it quickly became apparent that they build bespoke trailers to order with lots of added extras for decerning customers, that is the market that they want to cater for as they can then command a premium price tag for their high spec superbly built product, and that market obviously exists as they said on average they build one finished trailer per day with the trailers built to order. James Stewart said during our visit that they are not interested in mass producing run of the mill trailers as those manufacturers already exist and they would then be competing for a slice of these sales along with all the other brands where it would enevitably come down to cost, by offering for sale a trailer that is tailored to each individual customer they are cornering a niche market. As anyone else who was on that visit will vouch Mr Stewart is very passionate about the products he designs and builds and would accept nothing less than perfection leaving his yard on the back of his truck it was also very clear that he has a very sharp business brain and he would not go to the length of considering his customers requests then designing and building a product which is not going to sell. As for running a converted bulker and dolly set up on the back of a large tractor as opposed to a tailored made set up which of these do you think would attract the attention of Pc plod or for that matter be the safer option not to mention the ability to access fields and travel in these fields without falling casualty to the ground conditions as a result of our inclement weather, I know where I would place my money. Finally for all of you debating the hgv versus large tractor argument are you trying to tell me all hgvs are running legal, I think not. Maybe I'm just a biased patriotic Scotsman but good on you stewart trailers for considering the future and not just standing still.

Edited by toyboy
  • Like 1

Well said toyboy, I've ne'er doubted the build quality of the Stewarts, ad it's not just Stewart making these big trailers, larrington and Watkins spring to mind. However I'm saying maybe farmers shouldnt tempt fate. I'll agree with you about hgvs not all running legally. Good for Stewart that they export trailers as well, can't beat good British engineering

Well said toyboy, I've ne'er doubted the build quality of the Stewarts, ad it's not just Stewart making these big trailers, larrington and Watkins spring to mind. However I'm saying maybe farmers shouldnt tempt fate. I'll agree with you about hgvs not all running legally. Good for Stewart that they export trailers as well, can't beat good British engineering

In a nutshell, Pat.

I don't think Stewart nor anyone else need defending as they arn't doing anything wrong themselves. My reference to artic bulkers on a dolly was in reference to running them on farm only which someone mentioned doing so with these so PC Plod would not see them let alone have any need to bother with them. As for lorries running bent, Sandy Kidd!! But no, of course you are right as there are some baddies out there without doubt but like the argument someone offered on FB, car manufacturers build cars capable of 200mph but the limit is 70. . . That's a whole different argument in its own right.

Now for a little defence on stewart trailers part as everyone seems to be getting their knickers in a knot over weight limits and regs, no one has actually noted that this company exports their trailers worldwide as well as catering for the home market and as we have all seen via the net some of our foreign cousins run some monster tractor trailer combos. Look at Claas with their cargo trailers, never heard anyone on here saying they were being unethical in offering for sale equipment which if used to its full potential would result in it being run illegally regarding weight limits. After our ftf visit to Stewart trailers factory it quickly became apparent that they build bespoke trailers to order with lots of added extras for decerning customers, that is the market that they want to cater for as they can then command a premium price tag for their high spec superbly built product, and that market obviously exists as they said on average they build one finished trailer per day with the trailers built to order. James Stewart said during our visit that they are not interested in mass producing run of the mill trailers as those manufacturers already exist and they would then be competing for a slice of these sales along with all the other brands where it would enevitably come down to cost, by offering for sale a trailer that is tailored to each individual customer they are cornering a niche market. As anyone else who was on that visit will vouch Mr Stewart is very passionate about the products he designs and builds and would accept nothing less than perfection leaving his yard on the back of his truck it was also very clear that he has a very sharp business brain and he would not go to the length of considering his customers requests then designing and building a product which is not going to sell. As for running a converted bulker and dolly set up on the back of a large tractor as opposed to a tailored made set up which of these do you think would attract the attention of Pc plod or for that matter be the safer option not to mention the ability to access fields and travel in these fields without falling casualty to the ground conditions as a result of our inclement weather, I know where I would place my money. Finally for all of you debating the hgv versus large tractor argument are you trying to tell me all hgvs are running legal, I think not. Maybe I'm just a biased patriotic Scotsman but good on you stewart trailers for considering the future and not just standing still.

I think we need to have a 2013 FTF visit to Jim and Mandy's operation Dode.... and see if we can see a beast like this in the making....its a few years since we were last there ....any members keen for it again :huh:

Well I think they should be some kind of M.O.T for Tractors ive seen far to many tractors on the road with no lights bad tyres ect the list could go on and on. I also think putting a 16 year olds into a tractor and trailer to cart silage,grain ect and them driving 24t about is mad and yes I was that age to and wanted to drive the big kit and I did but looking back it was silly as I had very little road experience I think that to drive that sort of thing you should hold a HGV and have some road experience.

• Like 3

I think we need to have a 2013 FTF visit to Jim and Mandy's operation Dode.... and see if we can see a beast like this in the making....its a few years since we were last there ....any members keen for it again :huh:
Aye, sounds like a plan bill, maybe that's an option for next year when some of our southern guests are up at the model show, presuming there will be another one next year, hinna heard o andyfor a while, is he still in the land o the living?