Grampian Super Match at Auchterless on Saturday 12th January 2013

BC

Well done Steven .......its amazing what a bit of thought can do and get you operational again when you don't have all the proper tools to hand. When I spoke to the Chairman Gordon MacDonald at the end he said it would be between 3 pm and 3.30 pm before the prize giving so I decided I had done enough walking and standing around for one day and headed for home. I think all the competitors did a very good job in what must have been rather difficult conditions especially for some of the older two wheel drives as well. I see there was a £ 40 first prize for all the other 6 classes but not for demonstrators 8)

I now need to wash my car and rigs boots and deposit some of that fine looking Auchterless soil in my veggie plot ;D  ;D

Yes Paul it was a good turn out of competitors and the spectating public despite the cold the snow and the clarty field. I think they all did very well given the wet sticky conditions. Off to the Newmachar one next Saturday assuming it does not get cancelled again. I need to choose a victim in the DF vintage lifr class for the feering this time ;D  ;D

Hahaha........ sounds like your sinister side is coming out Bill :laugh:  :laugh:  Just spotted the Super major a bit further up the thread with it's set of front wheel weights inboard the tin front wheels............. you suggested the foot throttle now i'm tempted by wieghting the front wheels :)

Well I always ask my victims first Paul ;D  ;D . That's Harvey Sutherland who is my auto electricians Super major. He has quite a collection of trators mainly Fords. He stays fairly close to me so if you have time and want a nosey we could arrange a visit when you are up in May. Harvey is a creature of habit has his tea..then a snnoze and then can be found out in his workshop from around 8pm till all hours so I know never to go to early ;D  ;D

• Like 1

Sounds like that could be a plan Bill............ I'll consult with the powers that be as we've yet to finalise plans for those few days but i'm sure we could sort something out.

Your a mighty fine bloke Bill........... must remember a wee dram when i'm up your neck of the woods!! ;)

Harvey is a very reserved and quiet chap Paul but once you get him talking tractors etc he can talk the hind legs off a donkey so it would be well worth a later evening visit if you can fit it in....I like the idea of a wee dram as well

As well as jet washing my car last night I had to jet wash my riggers as well

P1000486.jpg

It sure is Paul.......I'm just not long off the phone to a competitor to confirm the Newmachar match is off on Saturday due to the snow and frost but they are having a meeting to see if it will be rearranged yet again so there is hope yet and it will not be next weekend since that will be the rescheduled one at Crimond  one......oh I wish the rain and snow would stop :huh: