Väderstad Rapid A800C to a RDA800S

The past few weeks iv been working on converting the UH Väderstad A800C drill into an 800S version, i wanted to do this so it looked more like the drills sold in the UK as i havent seen many A800c's around here. Here are a few pics i took along the way. This first pic shows the tank removed and the large wheels and drawbar taken off

post-2769-0-10841200-1360450218_thumb.jp

The seed pipes where a fiddly job as they all needed extending to reach the new tank, i then removed the outer wheels on the front of the drill as i wasnt happy with how they looked, this is as far as i got, hope to finish it tomorrow with fitting work platform and handrail with steps on the front of the tank, get the fan in final position, add hydraulic hoses, stick decals on and finally a spare wheel, looks like another busy day! Will post pics when finished :)

post-2769-0-53325800-1360451702_thumb.jp

The UH version had seed placement ahead of the coulters so i cut them off giving me some spare pipe, then used really small wire to poke inside the existing pipe leaving an inch or so out the top to join the new piece of pipe too, i did fold each end of the wire on itself to give a snug fit and reduce play

The UH version had seed placement ahead of the coulters so i cut them off giving me some spare pipe, then used really small wire to poke inside the existing pipe leaving an inch or so out the top to join the new piece of pipe too, i did fold each end of the wire on itself to give a snug fit and reduce play

thanks alex,as i said, looking really good,be nice to see all finished mate

Unbelievable work alex. Looks excellent whats going to be the tug for it?
at the mo iv got it on a John Deere 8530 but will be getting a challenger in the next week or two. Iv got one last thing to do to the drill and thats add some track eradicators, these are on order

Archived