A Mixture of Older Kit......

Was out for a walk today and came across a rather incredible farm......Behind the farm was a huge line-up of scrap vehicles (lorries, loaders etc) including an old Aveling Barford dumper half way up a hill  :-\......Anyway the farm itself had some interesting kit too, so I took a few hurried snaps as the farmer wasn't about and we didn't want to be banging into any lovely sheepdogs...... :D;)

First off a rather scrappy Massey Ferguson back-hoe minus the front bucket and back-hoe, I found the back-hoe in the scrapyard bit later...... ::):D;)

that 'old ' matbro pivot steer is newer than naths :D

home made linkage with pto ?  someone obviously had a spare 8045 crystal & a lot of imagineation :-\  i bet he's got a NH badge on the steering wheel  :D :D :D

great pics mart  ;)

its an oldie all the same,i just love these small old farms theres always loads of old kit laying arround but still in use ,gives a lovley sence of history to the place,shame there arn't more arround

There was a shed which I peeked in which had a few vintage tractors in but I didn't want to hang around too much but believe me I could have spent hours wandering around and photgraphing all the old kit that was lying around...... ;) ;) ;)

i would to if i was there,go back and ask the owner ,most usally let you have a prod arround if you ask nicely mate

Unfortunately couldn't find him today and the dogs weren't too happy...... :-\

If I'm back in the area though I will try and have a blether and a root around...... ;) ;)

Look out for my Terra Gator pics later on - probably be after 11 before I get around to posting them though...... :-\ ;) ;)

its an oldie all the same,i just love these small old farms theres always loads of old kit laying arround but still in use ,gives a lovley sence of history to the place,shame there arn't more arround

There was a shed which I peeked in which had a few vintage tractors in but I didn't want to hang around too much but believe me I could have spent hours wandering around and photgraphing all the old kit that was lying around...... ;) ;) ;)

in that case mart don't go to smurfs place ,we'd never see you again  :D :D

there used to be an old massey harris 780 at a farm across the green from my nans old place,sat for years after being replaced,in the field/green out front,used to play for hours on her,that had the mf logo on the back,but was labled a massey harris on the side think it had a replacement rear pannel on it ,thing was towed away for scrap just before we sold the farms up,a very sad day to see it go

We had a 780 when I was (very) young, it was the sheet metal that gave up on first but the engine was a good as new.

There was stand at Spalding where he had 1/32 780s at around ?250..............that's about what my father paid for ours!

that had the mf logo on the back,but was labled a massey harris on the side think it had a replacement rear pannel on it

A lot of dealers used to tart them up with some red paint and MF decals and sell them on S/H.  :)