Grampian Transport Museum 2013

BC

Alright..... I did not see much of the amazing performance by Russ other than through the lens of my old camera...but I thought I would share it with you on here....and well he uses good music by Queen as well and makes the performance last the time of the record 8)

sorry Bill,i should know better

Yes Paul....Bill not Bob here...I wanted a new one of these in circa 1976...the new price for a yellow one from Shirlaw's in Aberdeen was £ 238 and I had the money but not enough to insure it. My dad was never into bikes and did not want me to either so the next year he bought mt grand dad's 1957 Nuffield Universal DM4 for £ 150 from his late brother in laws...well today I'm glad he did since I think a £ 150 investment in a Nuffield will be worth thousand's more today than a "thrashed" yellow fizzy Yammy...which reminds me I think I have a friend who maybe have a couple of these thrashed ones in the corn loft of his old steading ;D  ;D

great memories Bill,about 5 of us all had them,3 dx's and 2 standards,i used to get my brother who was then and still is now a mechanic to decoke it about once a month,it used to fly

Yes Paul....Bill not Bob here...I wanted a new one of these in circa 1976...the new price for a yellow one from Shirlaw's in Aberdeen was £ 238 and I had the money but not enough to insure it. My dad was never into bikes and did not want me to either so the next year he bought mt grand dad's 1957 Nuffield Universal DM4 for £ 150 from his late brother in laws...well today I'm glad he did since I think a £ 150 investment in a Nuffield will be worth thousand's more today than a "thrashed" yellow fizzy Yammy...which reminds me I think I have a friend who maybe have a couple of these thrashed ones in the corn loft of his old steading ;D  ;D

Yes they needed a lot of attention those samll and thrashed engines...but I'll bet it did not go as fast as a Fantic though Paul...they could lick any Yamaha, Suzuki or Honda ;D  ;D

Archived