Fert.Spreading

jdc

Well it finally dried up enough to get some fertiliser on. Went round all the OSR, W. Barley and second wheats with 250 kg/haa of Nitrogen + Sulphur (30N:19S)

Need to put sulphur on now as there's not enough pollution in atmosphere to deposit sufficient for the crops anymore.

The KRM has load cells and is self calibrating.........really easy  ;)

Only running with 2000kg max. today as the ground is still a bit squidgy underneath!

The more pics I see from you JDC the more I like the farm you run. Everything shows a high degree of care from the crops to the machines. Good on you, enjoy all the pics you post.  :) :) :)

fert spreading was never my favorite job

seconded tris ,  the amount of places where the other drivers are animalsgets you down ,it's good to see a looked after farm & kit  :) 

really gooc pics JDC :)

Thanks guys. You two are probably the same, you spend a lot of time in your vehicles and want them to be 'just right'. it doesn't take much effort to wash things down at then end of the day and to store them under cover. (I hate to see machinery outside  :))

Probably helps that I'm an 'owner operator' and do all the maintenance when it's due.  ;)

when i was on the feed bulkers my lorry was washed every night with no exception , my tractors were the same , i had an old amunition case in the cab full of cleaning kit & it was used regularly ;)

i feel there is a trend towards keeping vehicles clean nowadays , wether it's tractors or trucks . years ago tractors were tools to be used & they were certainly used & abused ,but about 20 yrs ago the trend changed with the introduction of electronics & farmers sons not wanting to drive rubbish.

it's a psychlogical fact people feel better driving a clean vehicle than a dirty one  :)

when i was on the feed bulkers my lorry was washed every night with no exception , my tractors were the same , i had an old amunition case in the cab full of cleaning kit & it was used regularly ;)

i feel there is a trend towards keeping vehicles clean nowadays , wether it's tractors or trucks . years ago tractors were tools to be used & they were certainly used & abused ,but about 20 yrs ago the trend changed with the introduction of electronics & farmers sons not wanting to drive rubbish.

it's a psychlogical fact people feel better driving a clean vehicle than a dirty one  :)

On that note I half even less a scalp of hair today. Was chatting to one of our rigid drivers last night saying how I hope the advent of our new 06 wagon will mean it will get looked after better than our current hire 54reg one. His words "These rigids are hanging anyway, aslong as everything works and it is fuelled up I don't care, it's only a tool after all". I stood there mentally gouging my own eyes out and pulling my hair out too.

Visiting the farm I spent 6yrs on makes me want to go down there at night just to clean the place up too, all our kit was like JDC's of t's time. Now, same kit almost but it has aged twice over on the last 4yrs due to a 'jump in and drive' mentality. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Guest Fendt pwr

Sweet pictures jdc,love your farm.

It pains me to say it but at my work there is a get in and drivemind set from the other drivers from the other farms we work with.

And it's not all there fault,the bosses hound them to get the work done and leave time for an oil change only never washing.The other day the carrot digger was playing up and the driver was in and out of the cab every 5 meters long story short there was mud all over the joy stick and all round the brake pedals by the time he was done. >:(