Tarland Show Saturday 10th August 2013

BC

Yesterday I attended the Tarland Agricultural Show. Its not a huge show in terms of livestock and horses but it is the forth year of the truck show which is organised by two of Nicol of Skene lorry drivers....Gary Macaulay and John (Milky) Farquharson. It is a growing truck show and there was even one chap from Berwick upon Tweed who drives a bulker and moves about malting barley and he was up in the area and decided to attend the show. He went home with a second prize in his class.

Anyway photos from the show.

P1050335_zps43afc814.jpg

P1050336_zps28d12664.jpg

P1050337_zps18244f52.jpg

P1050338_zpsbaf8f384.jpg

Gary's Scania but this one is to be kept and he is getting a new Volvo FH16 750 with double drive.

P1050339_zpsee480641.jpg

P1050340_zps17ef1955.jpg

Great pictures Bill as always, looks like a great day.

I saw the Nicol's T cab and drilling rig working down on the Don in Inverurie looks a very impressive setup.

Did you put Ian Duncan truck first for me? ::)

He lives about 10 houses from me great looking truck did you see the smokey and the bandit airbrush work on the back of the cab it is cracking did he win anything?

Great pictures Bill as always, looks like a great day.

I saw the Nicol's T cab and drilling rig working down on the Don in Inverurie looks a very impressive setup.

Did you put Ian Duncan truck first for me? ::)

He lives about 10 houses from me great looking truck did you see the smokey and the bandit airbrush work on the back of the cab it is cracking did he win anything?

Ha ha no Rob it just happened to be the first truck I came to after a visit to the men's room ;D  ;D  Its a shame I did not go and look at the back of that truck but there is always next year. I'm honestly not too sure if he won anything or not since I left before the parade of the winners 1st to 3rd in the ring.

I was speaking to Derek recently and he has bought another two new drilling rigs so maybe that is why the V* Scania unit is being kept in the fleet. I have seen the T cab at Tarland but I suspect the driver can't be keen on spit and polish and also showing. Its a friend of mine who farms at Roadside of Skene who is going on to the Scania artic when Gary gets his 750 HP Vovo but I can see Graham spending time caring for the Scania as Gary does since he is too busy farming at how when not working for the Nicol's

great looking pictures as usual Bill ;D

I'm glad you enjoyed them David I certainly enjoyed my day out at a nice and dry and warm sunny show ;D  ;D

Archived