590 2wd

Jordan_coe2012

Question

9 answers to this question

Cheers thanks Paul I have bought so many different drivers but the heads are so small I always end up rounding them off. I will have a look see what I can find!

ok Jordan,also one way of doing the 590 would be to have the the 2wd axle from the uh 390,but an expensive way of doing it though,i would check on the forum jordan,im sure somebody has done it

That's what I thought of the 390 but like u say a little expensive, I do have a ford 6600 which could be a doner, axles look similar will see wot I can do, sorry to keep asking but I have noticed you've done a lot of mf convos what kind of paint do you use for wheels and how can you find the right colour match?

That's what I thought of the 390 but like u say a little expensive, I do have a ford 6600 which could be a doner, axles look similar will see wot I can do, sorry to keep asking but I have noticed you've done a lot of mf convos what kind of paint do you use for wheels and how can you find the right colour match?

ask away Jordan,i use genuine mf  spray can paint,let me know what model you are doing,i have a mf colour card,so i can help you with the colours,just ask

pretty simple to do, the 390 2wd front axel will fit fin, you need to drill new piviot points out on the current chassis, above the exsisting ones, makes it simpler, unless you want to do a cut and rebuild of that, you will need to shorten the bonnet ,two ways to do that, first is cut the back end off, then cut and sand to shape the front side panels, or mark it up all around the front, cut that away, then put a new plasti card nose in to refit the grill to. you will  need to  cut the 4wd gearbox part  out of the chassis to, along with the prop shaft of the bottom.then rejoin it  as its way to long for a 2wd .all the cuts can be done with a dremmel, that's all I use here's mine ,the chassis not repainted or underside sanded and fine finished yet and she's sat on bigger 1200 wheels for the mo, but they are to big for what I want, 575 as she's badged, but I mess the wheels I want to use up, so will wait till Zwolle to get new hubs and try again, along with the other 4wd being cut to a 590 .plus silver top the cab to uk spec

008_zps792c9782.jpg

007_zps992e907b.jpg

009_zpsd7c4dcf8.jpg

Archived