New Holland T9

mrol

Farming company near me traded in their JD9x30 tracked machine last year for a New Holland T9 artic - managed to get a few pictures of it cultivating last week. A nice machine with some serious tyres on it.post-2317-0-70058400-1377981032_thumb.jppost-2317-0-31185800-1377981056_thumb.jppost-2317-0-67954100-1377981071_thumb.jppost-2317-0-89445600-1377981087_thumb.jppost-2317-0-83394000-1377981108_thumb.jp

Farming company near me traded in their JD9x30 tracked machine last year for a New Holland T9 artic - managed to get a few pictures of it cultivating last week. A nice machine with some serious tyres on it.attachicon.gifDSC_0191.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_0168.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_0174.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_0176.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_0179.jpg

Very nice looking tractor the new T9 , much nicer than the old T9000 and T8.......................is that at Pelham farming?

Nice pictures, nice looking tractor too it's a shame the lastest ones have horizontal exhausts I think they look ugly , should be a law against it , all exhausts should go up

Interestingly, when I first saw this one it had a horizontal exhaust. But it now has an upright one! My understanding is the horizontal ones are due to EU laws - so either they fold up and down with it being lowered for road transport to improve visibility out the right side of the cab - or these guys have simply moved it to the upright position because it works/looks better!

Anyone know if they raise and lower on these machines?

Can't imagine you can move it , visibility not an Issue either, the one on the quadtrac I had the other day was bigger than that t9 and I could see round it with Ease, our local nh dealer said that all the t9's were coming with the lower chimney I just hope he's wrong

I think the first T9's have the standard exhaust stack and the newest models have the horizontal exhaust. This is due to the different engines (emission regulations). As you say Hicksy, with the Quadtrac they have decided to leave it vertical. I believe however that on the latest T9's (2014 model) the exhaust has moved to the left of the cab (where you get in) and the air filter is now right.

Pelham Farming have 2 T9's now, which will explain why you saw two different exhaust positions.

Ah right. Didn't realise that -would be good to get a picture of the two of them together then. They seem to have upgraded their kit a bit this year as an older Claas joined the two NH CR combines this year and at one stage they had 4 machines going in one field as a demo 770 joined the team. Two 9080s, a 770 and a 570 must have kept the corn carters on their toes! I assume they must have taken on some more land.

Interesting - so poss change in combine allegiance coming next year then? Or is that just to replace the older Claas machine? The NHs are on 09 plates I think so I guess they could be up for renewal as well.

7000 acres is a fair old block of land. No surprise they need two T9s for that and quite impressive to clear all that with just three combines - none of which are top of the range models. The 9080s must be doing 2500-3000 acres each I'd guess.

Yeah, they are possibly looking at going down to 2 combines with 35ft headers next year.

From what I've read on the Farming Forum, one combine to cut 3500 acres is at the very top end of what's doable....some seem to suggest a Lexion 780 is only good for 2000 acres unless you are prepared to harvest very damp grain. Will be interesting to see what they decide. 

Do you work for them or just know them well? How are the T9s performing as I know they replaced a tracked JD 9 series machine - I think on the grounds of the mess it was making of the headlands and the cost of a new JD machine versus the NHs? At least that is what the guy said at the Open Farm event in Clavering in 2012. 

From what I've read on the Farming Forum, one combine to cut 3500 acres is at the very top end of what's doable....some seem to suggest a Lexion 780 is only good for 2000 acres unless you are prepared to harvest very damp grain. Will be interesting to see what they decide. 

Do you work for them or just know them well? How are the T9s performing as I know they replaced a tracked JD 9 series machine - I think on the grounds of the mess it was making of the headlands and the cost of a new JD machine versus the NHs? At least that is what the guy said at the Open Farm event in Clavering in 2012. 

Yeah I also read that on there, interesting really when Vestys at Thurlow run 3 770's with 35ft headers over 12000 acres. I know them all very well at Pelham Farming as we neighbour some of there land and my family know them. Im not to sure why they changed.

Yeah I also read that on there, interesting really when Vestys at Thurlow run 3 770's with 35ft headers over 12000 acres. I know them all very well at Pelham Farming as we neighbour some of there land and my family know them. Im not to sure why they changed.

I guess with the usually drier weather in East Anglia you get more combining days than other parts of the country. 4000 acres per combine sounds like some long nights though!

If you get a chance to find out how the T9s are going, it would be interesting to hear. Or any pics of them working together as that would be a pretty impressive set up.

I know last year when they had only one T9 they had quite a few problems. There one broke then they had Does demonstrator which broke down as well, so they had to have New Hollands own Demonstrator out. They had a problem with one this year and had to use Collins' old CAT.

Doesn't sound like the greatest track record but I guess they must be putting plenty of hours on them so you are bound to get some issues - and presumably the fact they have bought another one means they can't be too unhappy with them!

Archived