Best types of glue

Jordan_coe2012

Question

5 answers to this question

Depends Jordan on weather you want to fix the tyres permanently or be able to remove them. If you want to tighten the tyres the best thing to do would be to wrap some sort of tape like insulating or masking tape around the wheel to increase the diameter, you'd probably only need a couple of winds. If you want a permanent fit I would recommend a type of superglue called PowerBond 806. This glue was developed by NASA and used to stick the tiles on the space shuttles so you know it's pretty good stuff and it will glue absolutely anything except polythene bags. Google it and you'll find it, you can get a pack I believe that contains the glue, surface cleaner and release agent.

Resin to rubber should be ok with normal model glue revel / humbrol , takes a while to set but cheap enough, you could use non fog super glue to , still cheap enough to get on eBay , found normal super glue set ok but does sometimes leave a white fog on the rubber ??

I have got some wheels and tyres from artisan32 and there is no ridge inside the tyre or on the rim so it's loose and will need glueing. Does anyone have any ideas on what kind of glue I should use? Cheers Jordan

The best simplest and easiest way to solve that is double sided Sellotape,wind as much on as you need,being double sided it will stick to the tyre and the rim,http://www.sellotape.com/desktop/#/craft

but it isn't permanent,so you can remove it again if you need to,

Regards

Joe.

Archived