Who can tell me what this is??

JC

I reckon a MF 8480 or any large tractor even a JD 8520could keep up with two jags good to hear one of them roaring up a pit

I don't, you could be getting 16 ton trailers in every 2 minutes. I reckon you would be struggling to keep up :-\ :-\

you might but you could probs take 20ton plus on a decent sized buckrake

Maybe, but you have to layer your silage then level it off, give it a quick roll and while your doing that another 16 ton trailer has just tipped up it's next load :o :o :-\ :-\

I don't, you could be getting 16 ton trailers in every 2 minutes. I reckon you would be struggling to keep up :-\ :-\

Those trailers I sent to you on MSN Nath, the videos and all that, they are carting from a Jaguar 890 and have about 4 on the go and the JD 7810 with front mounted Moulton buckrake can hardly keep up, they are 15/16 tonners.

You try pushing up 16 ton of grass every two or three minutes, hard work, I don't think many tractors could keep up with 2 Jaguar 900's, Job for a loading shovel I think.

Just a little note, you lot are all going mental over what tractor, what loader, how wide a buck rake, how big a clamp, how many foragers ... .

The distance plays as big a role as any in terms of what pit machine can keep up with what forager!!

::) ::)??? ???

• 2 weeks later...

Yes and no, as long as theres enough trailers on the go distance don't matter

Yep, no contractor can afford the chopper waiting for trailers. Next to the clamp (A VERY RARE Situation 2 can keep up, We've done jobs where we've been clamping 7 trailers comeing in as the fields were distant, one of those situations where a one-way system was essential around the lanes (before CB days).

Last year I saw a Jag 900 with 9 trailers having to wait because the draw (with a one-way system) was so long.

Two years previously I had seen the same Jag having to wait, with 10 trailers, because a half mile lane necessitated queuing. Three trailers waiting to go in, three trailers waiting to come out, one trailer tipping, one going to the harvester , one with the harvester and one heading back to the bottleneck.

The Loader driver (JCB Farm Master) was a pro and could easily keep ahead of the 900. The problem was the distance.