44th Bon Accord Steam Fair 21 /22 June 2014 Castle Fraser near Kemnay in Aberdeenshire

BC

I have just filled in my enrty form for the 44th Steam Fair and will be taking along my 1951 Farmall Cub. This is one of the largest steam engine shows in Scotalnd including miiature steam engines as well as the full sized Showman's, general engines and road rollers.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Access to and from the field is a nightmare since they are only allowed to use one road and it is about a mile and a half long, This low loader driver did not get far when he had to reverse back out. He still managed a smile and shouted 2nd time lucky as he left for a second time ;D  ;D

IMG_3013_zpsb7efa97f.jpg

IMG_3014_zps98911d0e.jpg

IMG_3015_zps3a7a0046.jpg

IMG_3016_zps90e2f385.jpg

I spent an enjoyable 8 hours from 7.30 to 3.30 pm and got around 140 photos Paul. There was a nasty shower around lunchtime as forecasted so I'm glad I left the Cub at home. It cuts down the workload of having to wash car and trailer and tractor. Tomorrow the forecast is not so good with light rain from noon and turning heavier later...such a shame since it costs a lot to set up the show and "Joe Public" will not attend if wet unless they are real diehards. For me I will probably attend until the rain comes and then shoot off home since again I no longer like getting wet either ;D  ;D .

IMG_3113_zps103f0881.jpg

IMG_3114_zpsda3198a6.jpg

IMG_3115_zps4a22c98b.jpg

IMG_3116_zpse3994211.jpg

IMG_3117_zpsd1643eeb.jpg

Something not quite right about Albert Irvine's display and the Whytes cranes.....there should be a unit in the air and a bent boom ;D  ;D 

IMG_3118_zpsa34e81fe.jpg

Archived