Repro boxes can any help me?

im after some repro boxes ive looked on ebay but cant find the seller /shop where I used to get them from

can anyone help me it for my own personal use just to box up a few tractors like the old ford 6600

and both massey ferguson 135 and 595 

cheers nigel

I looked at his listings as well but didn't see that he does Britain's. There was a chap that called himself RPB something or other, I've seen him around the toy fairs but don't know if he's still going or not. We'll keep looking  out for you Mike. Google doesn't throw up anything.

There is a firm near me that does a lot of reproduction boxes for models so i am going to approach them and see if they will do some Britains as i will take my own boxes so they can take pictures and dimensions.They will have Copy Or Reproduction written on the bottom of the box.

This is a repro box of a MF 135 Tractor box in the pull out box that we tried about 2 years ago and it faded a little but the box is a good match.The guy who did these then moved abroad so it ended there.New guy has took over at the printers.

mf001_zps755c6bc9.jpg

mf003_zpsfaf121ef.jpg

mf004_zpse60c9ae2.jpg

mf002_zps7857a75e.jpg

They may need to open them at the seam in order to lay them flat to scan them if you're prepared to let them, it's quite possible with todays technology they might be able to do it by photographing each aspect of the boxes but would be a much longer process and most probably more expensive. I've made some very acceptable earlier 1960's boxes by carefully opening them at the seam, laying flat and then photocopying onto box card, these would be the likes of the Vicon Acrobat, ring roller, three furrow plough, Vicon fertiliser spreader and cultivator, all these are printable on A4 but a lot of the bigger boxes, for example the Bamfords baler box has to be done in sections and remembering to add a tang strip on each in the right position so that you can glue each together in their correct position to make up the complete box, I did some printing them out on paper, then scanned these onto proper box card, this way you have a template to work from so you only need then to open the box once. Those I did that needed a 'window' I used laminating clear sheet, a little stronger than the original cellophane and I also use this to replace any split or degraded cellophane windows in the original boxes, stiffens them up quite a bit as well.

Here you go Nigel!

Go to Google and type in the search box 'reproduction britains farm boxes' and scroll down until you come to  'Oddments Repro Boxes.' click on that and it will take you to part of Steve Flowers site which contains in the list the boxes. Not sure how up to date it is, could be an old site but there should be contact details there somewhere.

I tried to copy  a link but it wouldn't paste.

Is this the same site, http://homepage.ntlworld.com/flowers.flowers/oddment_repro_boxes.htm they seem to have some very useful stuff,for the Britains collector,

just discovered this handy paint comparison guide on that same site,very handy, http://homepage.ntlworld.com/flowers.flowers/computer_matched_paints.htm

Regards

Joe.

Archived