New Shed

richie

Well the last time I sent in some pics of my farm I said it would be the last time for a while because I was packing up and moving back to the uk, I still Iam but it looks as if it is not going to be till August, September. So I thought I would build a nother shed with the spare mdf I had left. I know its not as good as the ones u guys do, haven't got the skill and expertise for that. I got a bit carried away with my sums abit so I had to lift all of the secenery hills and trees up so it would fit. Iam going to fit some sort of hinges on the roof so I can get in to it and put some sky lights in. Will send in pics when done.

post-59-132638524678_thumb.jpg

looking very good there richie, how thick was the mdf you used. :)

The walls and sides I used 6mm and the roof 3mm

looking rather good

resembles an atcost building

keep it up

SMurF

Yep at the farm I used to work at the sheds there were all atcost and thats why I seem to keep making that shape.

Well here it is, The shed finished ish!! I still have to put the brickpaper on the inside I had two bits left and when I went to get some more they had none left and it could take 2 months to get some more in. They said they would have to wait till they get more orders in for brickpaper to make it worth ordering (uh). I put some hinges on one side of the roof and what trouble I had to find some thing to fill in the gap, Because of the hinges I had to have a half inch gap along the top of the roof and to fill in the gap I had too find something that was flexable and thin when I opened the roof so it would bend, I ended up using shade cloth (yes I know) It hasn't turned out as good as I hoped but it will be all taken apart soon and I might improve it once I get back to the uk. Cheers

post-59-132638525377_thumb.jpg

Richie, your setup has lights doesnt it??, any chance of some evening/night photos ???

I'll have a go FB but I've tried it before and I'am sure I can't switch the bloody flash off on this cheap camera but I'll have another go just for you.

Spot on Richie, bet your pleased with the layout as a whole now? Will it double up as grain storage in the summer?

Yes I was thinking about that,Putting a auger between there and the drier shed but I'll might do that once Iget back to the uk.

Well here goes FB, I found the right button and here are some early evening shots with the lights on. Some of the pictures are a bit out of focus tried 3 -4 times to get it right but these are the best ones I got .

post-59-132638525417_thumb.jpg

post-59-132638525436_thumb.jpg

cheers Richie, :) :) :)

i have lights in one of my sheds, the other is to be wired up once i can get some spray paint to spray the frame first. just ran out of materials and havent managed to order any yet :(

that looks great ritchie ,reallygives the impresion of early evening .

how you going to get that all home ?

Well Yes mjb 1 Iam trying not to think about that yet, The sheds are just nailed together with small tacs so they will come apart easy, All of the models have boxes. Its just the board that is being left behind I have another one in the uk. I have also 25 1;24 plastic kit rally cars to pack as well, And all of them is heading across the water in a container. Thats the next job FB putting lights inside all of the sheds, Can't wait to see yours when finished.

Well Yes mjb 1 Iam trying not to think about that yet, The sheds are just nailed together with small tacs so they will come apart easy, All of the models have boxes. Its just the board that is being left behind I have another one in the uk. I have also 25 1;24 plastic kit rally cars to pack as well, And all of them is heading across the water in a container. Thats the next job FB putting lights inside all of the sheds, Can't wait to see yours when finished.

was hoping for last bank holiday and couldnt again, i cant do it this weekend  :( :( :(