Big rig air seeders from Australia.

kojak

Some pics of big air seeding rigs from down under.

First up a 212 foot Muti Farming Systems with two seed carts and a pair of JD 9T's.

76_3col_Multiplanter_Zell_Gavin_1-copy_z

A 160 foot MFS multiplanter.

76_5col_Multiplanter_160_foot_3-copy_zps

In transport....which meets road regulations but big farms out here have their own private roads/tracks to get around so you'd very rarily see something like this on a public road.

76_3col_Multiplanter_Zell_Gavin_2-copy_z

Impressive stuff Kojak. :of :of welcome back,long time no see,is that a John Deere mod for the two 9T's.

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Catkom been away with work but should be home now for the next year fingers crossed.

The rig is owned by Gavin Zell who lives in Collarenebri in NSW very close to a good friend of mine.

Here's a link which has good info on how the tractors are linked.

http://www.farmshow.com/view_articles.php?a_id=1396

You can see why the big machinery is necessary over here.

This photo is of a 120ft seeder in northern NSW in a 4000 acre field. I sowed this paddock with nitrogen with an 80ft rig they were using then and also harvested wheat in it. This photo was taken a couple of years after I was there. They had plans to make the 120ft when I was there and were deciding what tractor they could get to pull it.....went with a Cat after.

Gets really boring when you're sitting on a tractor for 14 or 15 hrs in a paddock like this.

article-1029019-01B88CCB00000578-553_468

Aye Paul,that's why they need combines like this,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsDiDrg1jyc downunder,I Googled Collarenebri,and found Zell's property,well I assume this is theirs, ::)

5.21 miles long,by 5.25 miles wide,

ZellspropertyAus2_zps31ed7528.jpg

ZellspropertyAus1_zps13be0990.jpg

Average paddock size around 1.27 miles long by 0.64 miles wide,??

ZellspropertyAus3_zps6d663631.jpg

ZellspropertyAus4_zps2142f8ae.jpg

kojak,I see that 61 foot front is in NSW,have you seen it,?

Regards

Joe.

Archived