Horse drawn

tigerlilley

I think that too much time has passed now and those that collect Britains are too young to remember the horse and cart days and those that are left probably want to forget it. Those of us that are of an age having used, worked with and farmed with machinery from say the mid 1950's onward have to a certain extent already built up a collection of those era machines and figures, some are still building their collection and I for one can't really see Britains revisiting those days to that extent purely on an economic and marketing basis although over the past couple of years they have revisited certain areas of the past with some Ford related models and more recently the JCB 3C MK111.

They did do some all metal figures/animals in the William Britains range a few years back, not to sure what was released though. These sets/items do appear on a certain auction site every now and again. Plenty of the original releases on there too.

The cast metal sets were supposed to be a collectors special, done at the same time Britains did the anniversary tractor models with their 'inventors' on a wooden plinth, these sets, in green boxes, were called 'Home Farm' and consisted of a horse and cart, a farrier set, horse and plough, farm yard set with farmers wife, chicken, turkey and a well, black cat and a dog. I think there was one with a hunting theme also. There were a few other sets also I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived