Scottish County Tractor Club Working Weekend near Oldmeldrum 11th and 12th of October 2014

BC

Well I hope to at some point Paul but next weekend could be a busy one assuming the weather is alright. Our local Deeside Steam & Vintage fun day ploughing match which was scheduled to take place yesterday was cancelled due to the rain. If its rescheduled for next Saturday I really need to go and support them since it is walking distance from my house. On Sunday there is another match at Grange near Keith and one which i have not attended in the past so I would like to go it as well but equally I would like to go to the County one.....decisions...decisions ;D  ;D

Paul......personally I thrive on being busy.... but at times when there are a few events on locally at weekends and within 50 miles from home it annoys me since I usually want to attend them all and for me that is impossible since attending an event for a hour or so doesn't really do it justice.

Never mind the County weekend is 5 days away and I have plenty to do this coming week (excluding any unexpected missions)...including removing that water pump from my beloved Nuffield which started separating a week past Friday and is now showing a 1/4 inch gap (circa 6mm). I'm on my second can of WD40 but I'm in no hurry since I don't want to break the studs holding the pump on...slowly but surely I'll get there...well that's what I'm telling myself ;D  ;D

I was advised at lunchtime today the club have decided they were going to give it a go despite the torrential rain earlier this week and if there are wet patches in the filed they will plough round about them. Sounds interesting and I might even get photos of a bogged down County !!

Nice Photo's Bill 8) Thanks for taking the time to share them :) looks like it turned into a grand day to be at the plough with a nice handful of lovely "blues" 8)  :)

Yes it was a fine dry day Paul but the sun was always in the wrong place and the sky a bit black in places. Never mind going back for day two and have an old camera now charged to try some small videos.

Yes it was a fine dry day Paul but the sun was always in the wrong place and the sky a bit black in places. Never mind going back for day two and have an old camera now charged to try some small videos.

Sounds like a plan there Bill ;) The club always seem to get a good support from it's members wanting to use their tractors rather than just to keep them parked in a shed or parked up at a static rally.  Hope day two a good one as well and your lucky enough to catch a County pulling hard with a nice bit of black reek  ;):)

Archived