Britains Box Repairs

tractorman314

I am wanting to do some repairs to some of my boxes over the Christmas holiday, mainly sticking the cellophane window back the box, so was wondering if anyone could advise on the best glue to use. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

tractorman314.

I use double sided sticky tape seems to do the job with out having to use glue have done hundreds this way. there is a hole post about this some where on the forum about repairing boxes with some good hints of how to go about it. ::)

Yes, there was a fairly lengthy discussion on the subject, someone will find the thread and post up a link to it.

You'll only really be able to replace the cellophane by sliding a scalpel type blade along the seam of the box very carefully to open it up, lay it flat and remove any of the old cellophane that's left and I have found replacing it with clear laminating sheet cut to size is best using a thin bead of clear UHU type glue to stick it to the box and to re-glue the box back together. Laminating sheet is a bit, in fact quite a bit, thicker than the original cellophane and will strengthen the box up more. If it's your first time in attempting this, make a box out of plain card and laminating sheet first using the original box as a pattern.

Archived