Guys,can anyone win a iPad assist with the following please. For some reason I now have to log in on here every time I visit, it never did when I first set it up,it's just started,the auto fill is on along with the save passwords bit , it just doesn't do it, only seems to be on here, eBay etc seem to have stayed . Also I seem to have lost the ability to add smileys to any posts , the tabs selected, again they do not show. Have crossed checked the settings with the I phone and everything seems to match, ,the password works fine on that, but again I have lost the smileys option all of a sudden.

Sean, I am on the forum on my ipad most of the time. My smileys won't work either for some reason, but this doesn't bother me.as for logging on, this has happened to me in the past, and all I did was type in the full web address in the tab box instead of going to it through the search and using the existing address stored in the iPad memory . As it happens, the mrs has just had her I phone 5 crash and burn, and wouldn't connect wirelessly to the internet, all that was needed was to turn the router off and on and she was back. She couldn't get on facebook for 30 mins, you could have boiled a kettle on her bottom lip....

doing this to test some smileys but again, not not too fussed if they work for me or not. Is your software fully up to date Sean?

Edit: they don't work which has ruined my theory for software updates. Out of ideas now I'm afraid as I haven't had the login problems.

Softwares up to date and the remember me box is selected ,just seems to have stopped working, I can find no difference in the settings on this or the phone .will try re typing the web page mind, hadn't thought of that ,will try when I get home

Sean, your security programme might have updated and stopped your auto login as a 'security' measure, best way to get around it is to bookmark the sites with which you have a problem with or not delete all your history, don't delete the page you are able to access sites that require login. Alternative is to dump the iPad and buy a Samsung Tab 3 or 4. Can't help you with the smileys.

Archived