Falcon Sampo Harrows

NCC

I bet you haven't seen these before ;) ;) ;)

We use these to work down our ploughed ground, we do 2 passes with them both horizintally and vertically across the field which usually gives us a decent seedbed. Sometimes we might do a 3rd pass at say a 45 deg angle if the field is rough or the seedbed isn't fine enough. Set's of blades much like mower blades except a little larger do all the slicing and breaking up of the ploughed ground. There not really a deep cultivation tool, about 8-9 inchs maybe. Forward speed is a 8-9k on the first pass as it's rather bumpy, then going to 14-15k on the second pass, the faster you go the better job it makes I believe ;) ;) ;)

What a rant that was, heres the pics :D :D :D :D

i've seen them before, we owned a set where i used to work, never got used while i was there, we pulled them out of the nettles to see about reblading them but the cost was too much so we dumped them back in the nettles  :D

In transport position, there a tad over 3.5m thanks to the rear shaft sticking out at the rear. You have to watch out for lamp posts and street signs when tear ar$eing down county lanes :D :D :D;D ;D

i've seen them before, we owned a set where i used to work, never got used while i was there, we pulled them out of the nettles to see about reblading them but the cost was too much so we dumped them back in the nettles  :D

The blades aren't cheap from what I can remember, the front shaft is used more for levelling now than slicing since the blades have all but broken off or just sit on top of the soil ::) ::):D :D

sounds like our Cousins combination harrow (pic in drilling sugarbeet topic) was until this year, front coil had smashed up 2 years ago so was just a shaft, works better now we have a new spiral on the shaft, strange that  ::):D :D

bet you can see where you have been down a narrow lane! should think they chew the banks up like our discs do don't they :D :D

Oh aye, gaps in hedges, ripped up banks, knocked down signs. Yesterdays road works must of been the worse yet, I got wrapped up in them bloody barriers :-[:-[ :D :D :D :D

Seen them before but been in nettles for nearly 15 years plus round here pain ass of things nath your 6180 is on stupidly small thin tyres for an arable machine :D :D

Arable row crop work Phillip, someone has to spray things. Deere oh, Deere ::) ::)::)

Interesting tool Nath, never seen one in print or in the metal until now mate. How does it fold up like that?

Easy really, reverse the yellow headstock into the red frame work and while your pushing it back get the yellow box section to go through the metal loops and thats it basically. Theres also 2 little prongs that sit under the first bit of frame work that sort of stabilize it.

I've made that sound 20 times harder than it actually is you know :D :D :D::) ::)

No ropes on catches or owt then? Sounds like a handy tool to have around if you ask me.

No mate, just reverse back, lift her up and go. Don't even have to use your brain to do it let alone get out of the cab :D :D :D;) ;)