Couple of quick harvest pictures.

Light Land

Getting to the tail end of harvest now so a few pictures for anyone interested in farming far away.

Seen some of the best yields in years on early sown crops that got enough water,plenty of heavy spot yields do the paddock avg no harm.

DSC_0138_zpskucbo3c4.jpg

DSC_0139_zps6qhvuokc.jpg

DSC_0141_zpsamy73nun.jpg

DSC_0116_zpsrseuvphy.jpg

DSC_0134_zpsqoapll2d.jpg

The grade 1 milling wheat ( were the combine is coming to the end of row infront of the lateral) did 10t/ha avg across the paddock ex rye grass over 12ha

A new grade 1/2 milling wheat did 12.2t/ha avg over 24ha ex rape seed,plenty of good runs at 13t  8)

grade 2 milling wheat did 9t/ha avg over 18ha, planted late,saw no rain so it only got what came from the well and was after onions

winter barley after 2nd wheat avg 11.5t/ha over 12ha

bit more to thrash yet so i'll  keep you posted. :) I know of a feed wheat growers who have hit 14t/ha out of long term pasture in sheltered areas with plenty of water. 

That you Ol, some impressive figures! If we are lucky we can hit 12t/ha here in good years on the polder soil. However, considering how much you have to irrigate I wonder how much the margin at the bottom line differs from ours :-). We get 1.000mm for free!

Archived