Genuine Britains or not?

Latest purchase was 30 Britains animals for ?1:00 at a car boot sale.  :)

Included in the bag were 6 lambs - as pictured. They look and feel like Britains but are not marked? The other lambs I have are modern and not so detailed.

Also the goose in the picture has no base and is not marked?

Are they genuine or other make?

I think they are as i have some Britains lambs that look like that from the early 1990's, pretty sure that there is a goose like it as well that came with the farm playbase  :)

They are Britains lambs and that is a Britains goose (the goose is from the lead mould). There are HK copies of the goose but they usually paint the feet in green and they are made of cheap plastic. I have never seen copies of these lambs however.

• 1 month later...

Latest purchase was 30 Britains animals for ?1:00 at a car boot sale.  :)

Included in the bag were 6 lambs - as pictured. They look and feel like Britains but are not marked? The other lambs I have are modern and not so detailed.

Also the goose in the picture has no base and is not marked?

Are they genuine or other make?

Yes they're all Britains, I have some black lambs from these moulds aswell & some even earlier styles from the lead moulds in black & cream plastic.

Yes they're all Britains, I have some black lambs from these moulds aswell & some even earlier styles from the lead moulds in black & cream plastic.

I knew they did the Herald lambs in black and I have seen the plastic lead mould ones in black as well but I didn't know they did those in black. Any pics Nigel ???