universal hobbies amazone cayron plough

Paul Palmer

i have recently bought the uh cayron plough,good model,i just want to know what the 2 hydraulic rams do on the real plough,i have rung them in yellow and red,im sure the red marked ram alters the furrow width,what does the yellow marked ram do? also on the model,has anybody else got this model,im not sure if this ram moves,i dont want to break the plough,either its very stiff,or it doesnt move

models 003.JPG

got this reply from an agri sales guy who sells amazone gear,still not sure if the ram will move on the model though,i know bluegreen has got one,so might find some info from him

The yellow one is the front furrow width, the red one is the alignment ram. If you look, the front furrow adjustment is on a parallelogram, so you not only set the front furrow width but you also set the plough to suit the wheel track rather than having to set the wheel track to suit the plough. It moves the whole plough over keeping the beam parallel. The alignment ram is there to set the angle of the beam. You know when the beam and the bodies are running straight because the top link is inline. thanks Mark and Baz  for the links

I got my plough out of its box today and its really nice...............its a tight fit to get it onto the UH Fendt 724 and it wont go on the Fastrac.........or at least until I modify one of them::)

The plus point there is that when its on it does sit close to the rear of the tractor and looks right, unlike other ploughs I could mention which sit half a mile behind the rear linkage!

I don't think the alignment ram moves Paul, its probably glued in place, but if you removed a few screws you could probably figure out how to release it.

I took a lot of pictures so other would be buyers can get a good feel for the model.................its much better than the previous 6f UH plough from Kuhn  although equally light weight &

No screws have fallen out yet;D.......which maybe why they've glued them in on this model.

Anyways its top drawer and theres no poorly fixed uneven mouldboards like on the Kuhn, so quality control has improved.

Dec 13 - 2015 012.JPG

Dec 13 - 2015 010.JPG

Dec 13 - 2015 009.JPG

Dec 13 - 2015 015.JPG

Dec 13 - 2015 016.JPG

Dec 13 - 2015 011.JPG

Dec 13 - 2015 017.JPG

I would say they are pretty good in comparison to all my previous ploughs, except the Britains Kv plough which was spot on!!

Two of the mouldboards are slightly down on the top ,but fine when I turn the plough over.

Im always critical if models aren't just right, although not as bad as I used to be::).....best not go there;D

Maybe with the general slump in the world economy outside of the UK, companies such as UH are now concentrating on quality over quantity especially on the modern machinery.

15 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

I would say they are pretty good in comparison to all my previous ploughs, except the Britains Kv plough which was spot on!!

Two of the mouldboards are slightly down on the top ,but fine when I turn the plough over.

Im always critical if models aren't just right, although not as bad as I used to be::).....best not go there;D

Maybe with the general slump in the world economy outside of the UK, companies such as UH are now concentrating on quality over quantity especially on the modern machinery.

I think you are right mate, they needed to get things improved on the quality front.  I think I will be getting one of these ploughs, had a go on the real machine in the late autumn and was really impressed with it, mind you, it needed to make a good job at £26k for a 6 furrow plough !!!

Archived