britians IforWilliams tri axle trailer

F8N

I took the family away for a couple of days and I'd promised the kids some new toys.. I remember how much fun I got out of my old britians horsebox and horses when I was young and thought I'd like for my kids to experience the same, so I had told my little girl I'd get her a horse box and some horses and one of the boys the same and the other boy I said I'd buy him the new tri axle trailer so he could shift cows.. I bought the older purple and the new blue horseboxes and the tri axle, a packet of cows and a packet of horses. Talk about being disappointed. .my kids are complaining too.. 1st up the tri axle trailer shows on the box the top can come off but iv tried and it ain't coming off..I wouldn't care only there's a shelf in which means my lad has a new trailer and some cows needing transported which can't get into the trailer..am I missing something.. is there some hidden thing to remove it..how on earth a child is suppose to do this is beyond me.. It offers very little play value.. and the cows are not half the toys they were in the 80s.. as for the horse boxes.. The doors open on their own while wheeling along the floor ..and won't stay attached to the land rovers which has left the kids frustrated and me very cross.. The older horse box has very little head space for the pony's.I doubt the horses would fit in.and the plastic there made of is so flimsy not to mention the colours..a purple pony!!!!..britians what are yous playing at.. your panning off some rubbish.. Some of your toys are plastic junk. On a positive note  just a couple of weeks ago I'd bought one of the boys the new case seen on the cover of model farmer and it looks the part and is a great toy... compared to the new fords britians have done which look terrible..compare the fords to the classic john deers and there's a vast difference.. The whole thing has left me feeling disgusted..I was so disappointed  for the kids. Has anyone been able to remove the shelf in the trailer?

20160809_232221.jpg

20160809_232315.jpg

• 2 years later...

I bought the same cattle box about a year ago and I bought it because it said the top came off. Brought it home to find out that it didn't and the sheep decks weren't going to come out either (unless you took a grinder to them:o). I ended up taking it back to the store who gave a refund. I bought the other Britain's 2 axle cattle box instead which thankfully the top came off of. 

It's clearly a fault on Britain's part for incorrect advertising. 

8 hours ago, b_emmons said:

Siku do a stock trailer but don't know how good or bad it is

It looks alright,  and fairly sturdy as with most siku models. However the drawbar looks slightly cumbersome and the top doesn't come off, which limits it's playability and value for money.  

download.jpeg

Archived