FORD FARM'S NEW GATE.

thanks marky and NH2 its normal solder , is silver better. ??? ???

I was told it was easier to use OF  ??? - Mind you the results you are getting are superb mate  ;) - and if they are strong then that's all they need to be - will you paint them...  ???

I think he should Tris ;):D

Would like too, it has given me a brilliant idea to change the use of my long Scaloox shed now. OF what exactly do you need (starting from nothing) to make these gates then?

first off you need a jig, mine made from mdf and small nails. then cut the copper to size, clean with wire wool and flux the ends etc. place in jig with cocktail sticks underneath so solder goes right round. then start up the torch, heat up copper when hot place solder on , around joint. it will flow around the flux. job done. :) :)

so tris you need.

1/ copper pipe 3.5mm and 2mm.

2/ solder.

3/ flux.

4/ small torch.

5/ gas

6/ wire wool or wet an dry sand paper.

7/cocktail sticks or similar.

8/jig. wood and nails.

9/ spray water can just in case of fire.

10/ damp cloth.

11/ cutter to cut copper pipe.

Woah woah sweet chiiiiild o'mine Old Ford!!!!!!!! They are outstanding. Outstanding!!! I guess once you have the above, a few different sizes of pipe/rod and you can make all manner of things??

Many thanks for the list and the pic of what to look for, once a few things are cleared out of the way down at Deere-est Workshops I am definately coming back to this post, writing my list out and going shopping!!!

Excellent stuff, everyone is going to fall over themselves complimenting you now mate thats for sure.

so tris you need.

1/ copper pipe 3.5mm and 2mm.

2/ solder.

3/ flux.

4/ small torch.

5/ gas

6/ wire wool or wet an dry sand paper.

7/[glow=red,2,300]Willytail sticks or similar.[/glow] 8/jig. wood and nails.

9/ spray water can just in case of fire.

10/ damp cloth.

11/ cutter to cut copper pipe.

I see you use cocktail sticks as well ;D ;D ;D ;D