Powerstar's First Cut 2006 (T.Dallyn Farms)

Powerstarâ„¢

Going up tonight staright after college as fast as my bike will allow  :D :D

Tonight FB:

Raking

Chopping

Carting

Buckraking

;) Pictures assured!

good, i cant wait ;D ;D

so Nath (or anyone else), after cutting the grass, it lays in rows, as previous pics, do they then spread it like your last photo for quicker drying/etc, then rake it up or just rake it up into bigger rows, or is that dependant on whether its hay bales or silage ???.....only ask as i never see it done down here....and i'm not scared to admit i dont know! :D :D ::)

Ben, when it's cut you can get mowers which leave it in rows, then you spread it with a tedder, like a rake but works in the opposite direction to spread grass outwards for easier drying, mostly used for hay.

Or in some cases like in my Valtra pictures the mower automatically spreads the grass. Which then gets raked up by the picture nath posted and bailed,silaged or whatever.

You can also mow it in to lines and rake about 6 lines in to one, or more depending on the width of the rake. This saves time and money.

cheers Luke ;D ;D ;D:-*, and one for Nath :-*::)

i remember some of that from last year when i asked you (you posted the bobbing pics i think :-\), just gotta be sure up here what happens down there!