8830 convo

Janval

Question

I was going to do a conversion of a UH Ford 8830 into a TW15, mostly because I have the Marge Tw 25 and 35 and i kind of wanted to "complete a circle" with the TW15. But after some consideration I have thrown that idea away, seems like i would need a donor tractor etc. In stead I'm thinking about doing something that caught my eye on the interwebs the other day, a NH 8830. Can anyone confirm if this was a real production model sometime or not? This might be a cool addition I think :) Would need some bits and bobs but not too much work I suppose. If anyone has any other ideas for a possible convos I'm open to suggestions :) Also, any tips on how to dismantle the UH 8830 would be greatly appreciated!

2b55270b6b1e951b68c8384eb2b29ec8--mania-

11 answers to this question

Do you mean which will fit jan? The britains tw ones will go straight into the uh rims but they will be a little wider than the rim. Bigger still would be the UH McCormick and case ones. ( I think they are MC/MX designation) 

I was mostly thinking wheels that initially wont fit, I was looking at a TW35 convo I stumbled upon on a dutch forum (via facebook) last night. The guy had put some pretty big rear wheels on it, couldn't find it now :unsure: The online translator didn't give sense on every sentence, but I'm sure it said something about "making space" for the wheels.

Unrealistically large? :huh: Fronts shouldn't be a problem as there is nothing restricting you for height. You might find it easier to change the whole axle rather than just the wheels if the tyres won't fit the rims  the only way you can get more room at the back would be to raise the cab. 

26 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Unrealistically large? :huh: Fronts shouldn't be a problem as there is nothing restricting you for height. You might find it easier to change the whole axle rather than just the wheels if the tyres won't fit the rims  the only way you can get more room at the back would be to raise the cab. 

http://forum.farm-connexion.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1144&p=9705&hilit=ford+tw+30+challeng#p9705

Here's the one I was talking about, a TW30 not a TW35 (must've been tired when I read it :D ). Spotted the workaround now as I was watching it on PC, enlargement of the passage for the rear axle, as well as some additional parts. Might work :)

Archived