GPS's collection - kits

GPS

While I'm on a roll, thought I'd start a second thread, this one just for kits.

Alongside the normal diecast, I also collect kits, either plastic, white metal or resin. Recently, I've also picked up a 3D printed JCB excavator as a kit. ( I really think 3D printing will very quickly become more common and open up fantastic opportunities for low run, less "commercially" popular models... not to take away from the skill of the amazing scratch builders on here)

All the kits are intended to be built.....eventually!

First up is the Ertl John Deere 4430, in 1/25th scale. This is the re-issue version, rather than the first "Blueprint Replica". Finally finished it last year, not perfect, but I'm happy with it. I have the other Ertl kits in the "stash".

Gavin

Ertl 4430-1.JPG

Ertl 4430-3.JPG

Ertl 4430-4.JPG

• 2 months later...

Just finished putting this together...it's the Revell Porsche Junior 108, released last year in 1/24th scale. I was a little dubious at first, as it's a snap kit, doesn't need any glue, however it's got quite a bit of detail and goes together nicely. I took some time to paint it make sure that the parts fit is better than if just snapped together (I had to glue most parts). Really pleased with it.

Now what next....???

Porsche.JPG

Porsche 2.JPG

Porsche 3.JPG

Porsche 4.JPG

Archived