Gentle unloading trailer

Light Land

Well 5 of them actually.

Dutch made trailer's all parked up and ready for this years flower bulb harvest.

In the past these were pulled in 2's with hired jcb tractors.

The trailer backs up to the unloading conveyor then a PTO is pluged into the side,gently rolling up the mat and pulling the blubs off the trailer with out hurting them.

You learn something new every day fp!!

I take it you have to pull the matting into the trailer before filling and then pull it back out with the bulbs on top, not disimilar to a walking floor trailer which get used in the UK for some applications.

in once worked at a place where irish moss peat was delivered in a shipping container & that also had an unloading arangement not unsimilar to what you see there , but surely a full width belt would be just as good wouldn't it ?

I assume its all down to cost, these trailers will be stood for the biggest part of the year I would imagine and a walking floor arrangement wont be cheap to manufacture.

• 2 months later...