Slurry Kat 3D Printing

Something new for most of you. trying to get back to messing with models and starting with a front siku mounted slurry kat reel,

The pics are of the outsides of the reel being printed with the ridges being the box irons,

waiting for filament so ill update again.

any comments and criticism are welcome.

20180906_234946.jpg

20180906_234951.jpg

• 1 month later...

This looks like a great start to the project, will be really interested to see how it develops.  

I have started to play around with FreeCad for 3d printing myself.  I am looking to use a 3d printing company rather than getting my own printer though.  

On 10/28/2018 at 12:52 AM, sipher172 said:

This looks like a great start to the project, will be really interested to see how it develops.  

I have started to play around with FreeCad for 3d printing myself.  I am looking to use a 3d printing company rather than getting my own printer though.  

Thanks, my nephew has already taken it. Hes 6 and doesnt care fir the details yet. I can get you codes for autodesk if you want, I have access to student accounts, get 99% of the use able of the full one. I thought of the company too but the printer was €220 and a coil is 20 euro, so multiple prototypes are cheap to print.

On 10/28/2018 at 12:26 AM, alf aphid said:

Looks good, fascinated by this 3D printing, really know nothing about it, but intrigued to see how it could help the model builder! 

It's amazing what you can achieve with it, you draw a 3d cad model and cut the part into layers on screen each layer is say 0.01mm think and it then creates a tool path for your printer. My anet was like 220 euro

Archived