Sonalika Model

robbo

I have just acquired a Sonalika RX model and I know very little about it so I was wondering if anyone else did.

It appears to be around 1/32 scale and is all plastic (much like the real tractor). I know that Sonalika are an Indian manufacturer and this seems to have been a free gift given away when you bought the real tractor. The only clue to the manufacturer is on the box that says, "With best compliments from International Tractors LTD" but I suspect that the the company name for the importer/exporter of the real thing. There is nothing stamped underneath at all either

Sonalika (1).JPG

Sonalika (2).JPG

Sonalika (3).JPG

Mike, I believe International Tractors Ltd and Sonalika are both the same company, I had assumed Sonalika was just the brand name, but I think they use both names,ie International Tractors ( Sonalika) Ltd.

As an aside, they have just announced a tie up with Yanmar and will be building Yanmar tractors in India.

I have a Mahindra model I posted pics of earlier. Again pretty much all plastic with no manufacturers details. However, on the the inside flap of the box was a small sticker saying “ Made by HiTech Manufacturing, India” .

Try checking the inside of the box flaps, might give some further info.

Archived