Weise Toys Deutz D80 06A and D80 06A Special

SPN

I am thinking of buying one of these models as an upmarket 80hp workhorse from the late 70s (although I'd prefer a DX85 2wd. Mr Weise, if you are reading this).

The Weise model seems to be a rebadged 130 06 and while the two tractors are very similiar, I would have expected the 80 06 to be on smaller wheels.

Who can tell me anything about the 80 06 in terms of specs and dates of production, as well as the accuracy of the Weise model.

I'm not finding a lot online. Does anyone have brochures or spec sheets they would like to scan and share?

Not sure about dates of production but I can say that the farm where I worked in 1976 bought a D80 06 new in time for the silage season. None of the models I have seen from Weise or anyone else matches that tractor so I can only assume that the model is based on the European spec rather than a UK spec. The tractor I saw had silver wheels and not red and the can was also different, unfortunately I never took any photos at the time.

The rear tractor was a straight 6 engine so it is possible that it was also available as an uprated powered version, 100 or 130

Thanks Atte & Mike. That was most helpful.

Can anybody with the model confirm if it has 15x38 rear tyres or 15x34. I assume it is printed on the sidewall.

Mike, as I understand it the silver wheels were introduced in 1978 with the blue chassis when the 3 and 4 cylinder models were upgraded to the 07C range and the 6 cylinders were replaced with the DX range.

What role did the 80 06 play in the silage operation?

1 minute ago, SPN said:

What role did the 80 06 play in the silage operation?

It was the prime mover, it replaced an MF188 on the chopper and, to be fair, was so far ahead of the Massey it was a revelation. So much so, that 3 months later the farmer replaced his MF165 with a D68 06 as a secondary tractor.

It had a flat floor "Q" cab and an independent pto so you didn't have to put your foot on the clutch to stop the pto, also syncromesh gears rather than the Massey crash box, lower link sensing draught control and independent hydraulic pipes on a separate lever that could be used without the linkage going up and down.

Hi Stan

I prooised some photos of my 2 and 4 wheel drive versions, I have also taken some side by side with the D130 06 for comparison and there is absolutely no size difference that I can see. First the side by side pics

Deutz D80 06 (2).JPG

Deutz D80 06 (1).JPG

Archived