Irrigator pics - (along A11)

FB

Nice pics Ben......Oli will like them...... :) :)

I didn't know we used that sort of irrigation system over here, I thought most folk used drums...... :)

We have several of them in this area Martin, nice big open fields in the area here, our neighbour has one at work but it's never close enough to us to get any pictures. Saves alot of time considering the number of times you'd have to move a reel/gun set up to cover that area.

i think i'm right in saying, these irigators travel the field from one end to the other unmanned.  They know where the end of the field is and then go back.  Up and down all day. 

I saw one at the royal show many yrs ago

nice system. 

Sure did mart,grinning like cheshire cat if you must know.

You will often grow beter root crops with one of them than you would with a gun,because the dropletts and coverage are far beter makeing the crop grow more even.

We have several of them in this area Martin, nice big open fields in the area here, our neighbour has one at work but it's never close enough to us to get any pictures. Saves alot of time considering the number of times you'd have to move a reel/gun set up to cover that area.

Thanks Gavin......You learn something every day...... :);)

i think i'm right in saying, these irigators travel the field from one end to the other unmanned.  They know where the end of the field is and then go back.   Up and down all day.   

I saw one at the royal show many yrs ago

nice system.   

yeah i think they do, the pipe connecting is a flexi type pipe so can be dragged along. There seems to be a frame (pic 4) that an arm must hit to either send it back or stop it? ???:-\

I didn't know we used that sort of irrigation system over here, I thought most folk used drums...... :)

as Gav said, there are a few out this way, theres another (i coulnt get pics of) that is fixed in the middle of the field and goes round in circles :D