Some Pics from work

civilpek

ya it is tough slogging there alright, thats not even the worst part of it  :P. its pouring rain now again so looks like we wont be headed back there for a while. hes thinking of pulling them out and starting another job for a while now.

well i sent off all the stuff a couple weeks ago Tris so im waiting to hear back from them again. when you went you headed over alone did you?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah all on me tod mate to Ohio State University for induction. met two Irish fella's there, one I would be staying with and the other went on for Naegele harvesting.

o ya i think you told me that already sorry. one of the lads i work with is thinking of going now too, not suir if he will or not but john was saving even if he did we might not end up on the same crews anyway. a well nothing for it really but just to take every day as it comes.

Cracking pictures there Alan......Looks like you've been having problems with the weather big time there mate...... :o

I wonder what was going through the driver's head when he had the NC Dumper at that angle...... :o

Thanks Martin weather is playing havoc on this job alright, and its pure peat grounf with a shallow layer of topsoil so ones the top layer is broken you go straight down. thats why the volvo a25's arent on the job.

:D not really sure what he was thinking but it wasnt too hard to get out, all it took was  a little nudge from the track machine and she was straight out. its a Komatsu PC290 so plenty enough to make light work it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

heres a better picture of it in the open sent to me last week. its a totally hybread machine, they titled it a case 7550 red i  ;D.

the funny bit is they hate claas but yet went to the trouble of putting a picture of a jaguar on it with red eyes exactly like the one on the claas green i machines. sorry the pictue is a bit small but it was reduced to this size in the email, il ask him to email me a bigger version of it.

i have to say it turned out well and is trully a unique machine with a very interesting backround

post-24-132638671568_thumb.jpg

So it's a JD 7000 series harvester, with a 6000 series cab, painted and decaled as a Case Jaguar... ???:D

Whatever floats your boat!

No but seriously, It does look smart! Especially with all those Case tractors hauling from her!

not exactly Luke its actually for the most part a 00 reg jd 6950. the back end was raised by fabricating new higher panels just behind the cab and a frame made up to accomodate the 7500 series panels. there is actually a hole about a foot deep around the shoot which shows clearly how much it was raised, this space is handy for storing tools etc. the cab is the original 6950 one, while the lights etc are from the 7500 series and fixed into a new on site fabricated curved housing similar but not identical to the 7500's. she then was fitted with on site made rails on both sides and given the big red spray job and name changing. so in essence theirs a bit of a jd 6950, jd 7500, case brand and claas  ;) excellence in her.

jason and Texas this is the machine for ye  ::)

• 1 year later...

well havent posted anything here in quite a while due to being in america and some other stuff, but it will be time again soon. Heading over to the UK again next week to go working with Burden Brothers in kent so should have plenty new opportunities to take some pictures  :)

thanks guys, not sure how long il be there at the moment. they said there is a full time job there so il see if i like it and all that, il prob be there till the end of October anyway and if things havent picked up here in the mean time il prob be there longer.