Old photobucket pics

From memory this was all caused by Photobucket changing their Ts and Cs. If you had a free account with them after a certain date you weren't allowed to embed the content on a non photobucket site. You could still post a link to the photo.

If you still have access to your photobucket account, you may still be able to retrieve them directly from photobucket.

Technically (read your Ts and Cs :)), if you still have an account with them, you could download the images, modify the posts and then upload the images to the forum (or post the text links to each of the photos).

Can anyone else back corroborate this, or anyone else who went through the pain already, perhaps @Andy

Searching through the forum, the links to the photobucket pages still seem to exist (where pictures used to be).

Disclaimer: I never had a photobucket account to begin with and my memory could be wrong, please delete if I am, and accept my apologies for the inadvertent misinformation.

Edited by and2go
a bit more info and ask a question
  • Like 2

We had many images lost as a result of this. The content is all there, it would just require either relinking or re-uploading to the forum's image hosting. In the early years, capacity for images was limited so photobucket was seen as a godsend! Fast forward to today and it costs around £10 per month with Amazon AWS with our image storage currently sitting at 275 GB. Ten years ago this would at least be £100+ per month!