Two Sister's Farm 1/32 scale layout

Mogul

x70iIX3l.jpg

A view looking down on the yard where the yellow shunter is just setting off for the fields with a weed killing train. It is early morning as the tractors are being prepared for the day out in the fields.

Peter M

• Like 2

WeAzHb8l.jpg

The foreman is in the jeep railcar about to set out for the fields with some much needed spare part for an implement. The driver is actually a white metal figure suitably painted who adds a bit of extra weight.

The yellow GMC truck has just arrived and is waiting for its next assignment.

Peter M

• Like 1

Hey All,

Not intending to be crude but I gotta say - the way the guy is standing it looks to me like he is taking a leak. Looks that way to me anyway.

Nothing wrong with that adds realism I suppose. ☺️

Anyway a very enjoyable thread.

-Ed-

Ed, you are not the first person to suggest he is in a rather strange position which suggests he is taking a leak. I can assure he isn't but thanks for your interest. Glad you are enjoying  the thread. 

Peter M

I am afraid that I have just posted the last of Chris Nevard's super photos. Can I thank him for letting me share the pictures.

From now on it is more of my efforts with my compact Canon camera.

Peter M

Edited by Mogul

zn3SLJ2l.jpg

Fx5bG9Ll.jpg

DpZdavpl.jpg

A few more photos from someone other than me. I did a small local show just before Covid struck with my regular helper Andy Knott who was in David Baily mode and took a few pictures. A touch more arty than the his usual fare I think.

Peter M

• Like 1

R5A7VKkl.jpg

tJtXIl0l.jpg

MiLS2gTl.jpg

4MIRsgNl.jpg

These photographs were taken at Wreck-Rail exhibition a few years ago.

While checking everything over prior to the show I did a couple of jobs I have been meaning to do for some time. I have never liked the look of the driver in the green shunter so I used the dog as a sort of distraction. Now the shunter has a new driver and the little white dog has now taken up residence on the wooden bodied Simplex along with his owner who can no longer be seen. Children at shows seem to like to see the little white dog.

Peter M

• Like 1

cCpl6uTl.jpg

4wACPkGl.jpg

pww23Ybl.jpg

These photographs were taken at Wreck-Rail exhibition held in a small village just outside Market Harborough a few years ago.

While checking everything over prior to the show I did a couple of jobs I have been meaning to do for some time. I have never liked the look of the driver in the green shunter so I used the dog as a sort of distraction. Now the shunter has a new driver and the little white dog has now taken up residence on the wooden bodied Simplex along with his owner who can no longer be seen. Children at shows seem to like to see the little white dog.

Peter M

• Like 2

jNnPSLdl.jpg

THa48SBl.jpg

Another picture of the double ended shunter with a rake of hay  and wheat loaded on short four wheel wagons.

Then the double ended shunter is seen from above with the same load, filmed at Wrec Rail show.

Peter M

• Like 1

V2VUTkSl.jpg

AioRt2Jl.jpg

gR9F2rxl.jpg

wk9mnUDl.jpg

A few photos to illustrate the difference between the two Opel rail trucks.

Then a close up of the double ended shunter which is also used as a portable generator for work out in the fields away from an electricity supply.

Peter M

• Like 2

uUpbzaGl.jpg

UxLRydLl.jpg

nCOnmtJl.jpg

drguS2bl.jpg

XMBLCTvl.jpg

A few general views of the activities in the yard at Two Sister’s Farm.

I hope you have enjoyed the selection of both tractors, rail shunters and rail trucks.

Over the years when the layout was on show at model railway exhibitions it has created a lot of interest and comments from viewers. It has even been voted the best in show on two separate occasions.

Once again many thanks for looking at the thread.

Peter M

• Like 1