Tractor Fest 2023 Newby Hall 10th/11th June

Great photos Paul. I was hoping to try and get across, but it was always going to be a bit of a struggle, just got too much on at the moment. Looks like it was a great show again.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, smithy said:

I have enjoyed looking at photos Paul , a real good selection of tractors and lorries on display . The displays have had a lot of thought and effort put into them ,well done jmd , Pauls Mum , and that little fella Mr JCB and you yourself and Gemma . Thanks for sharing and yes it has been a hot weekend  

Cheers Smithy, aye it's a grand spot for a show and seems well supported there's a few classic cars and bikes as well as about 200 little stationary engines... but heat got the better of us... It were a warm one alright... Bit more bearable in the shade of the model tent. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GPS said:

Great photos Paul. I was hoping to try and get across, but it was always going to be a bit of a struggle, just got too much on at the moment. Looks like it was a great show again.

Thanks Gavin, aye it was great show again, seemed to be quite busy heard they had been queuing off the Ripon to Borough bridge road right down the lane to the estate entrance... Had wondered if we would have seen you but nevermind, maybe next year.. its understandable you cant be everywhere at same time and sacrifices have to.be made. Some good exhibits though and like always plenty to see

20 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Fantastic show Paul.. Thanks for sharing your pics.. 

No worries Justin, I'd say Newby has to be the biggest in the north of England... It's some show... Though seemed to be a lot of 50 series Deeres this year and quite a few 6 pot nashes I'm no Fergy man but that 6 pot 135 looked a nice project

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

No worries Justin, I'd say Newby has to be the biggest in the north of England... It's some show... Though seemed to be a lot of 50 series Deeres this year and quite a few 6 pot nashes I'm no Fergy man but that 6 pot 135 looked a nice project

Is it the 6 pot Perkins in the 135 the same unit as the 1200 or 2620 I wonder Paul....?  It would be like putting a 7810 engine into a Ford 3000....😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Hey All,

Yes a really nice show - lots of variety.

Seeing those Marshalls reminds me I was at an auction in central Alberta 20 odd years ago. There were some Marshall (the old dark green ones I don't know what models) pieces and parts like whole rear end chrome an engine etc. The prices were crazy crazy high and I remember wondering if there was gold underneath the paint.

-Ed-

• Like 2

4 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Is it the 6 pot Perkins in the 135 the same unit as the 1200 or 2620 I wonder Paul....?  It would be like putting a 7810 engine into a Ford 3000....😂😂😂

If I remember rightly Justin  it's one of them 6.354 engines so could be anywhere around the 100 hp.... I wouldn't have said a 135 back end would take that power unless driven sympathetically... And doubt it'd last on PTO work.... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EasyEd said:

Hey All,

Yes a really nice show - lots of variety.

Seeing those Marshalls reminds me I was at an auction in central Alberta 20 odd years ago. There were some Marshall (the old dark green ones I don't know what models) pieces and parts like whole rear end chrome an engine etc. The prices were crazy crazy high and I remember wondering if there was gold underneath the paint.

-Ed-

Thanks Ed.. 

Yes them field marshalls command high prices.. but saying that they do have quite the following 

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

If I remember rightly Justin  it's one of them 6.354 engines so could be anywhere around the 100 hp.... I wouldn't have said a 135 back end would take that power unless driven sympathetically... And doubt it'd last on PTO work.... 

I see a V8 in a 35X and it was driving a Single Chop a few years ago at a vintage silage day.. I have a pic off it my thread I think.. Sprayed all black.. Little animal I would be thinking.. 😂

• Like 1