Just saying 'Hi'!

Hair Bear

Hi. There you go, said it...

I'm Rob, been lurking here for a while and thought it time to put on the anorak and stick my head above the parapet.

My collection is mostly Britains, with some Siku and Ros, and a couple of unknowns which will appear here at some point.

I inherited my dad's collection of Scaledown models as well. These were built by a chap in Sussex whose name I can't remember and departed us some years ago. I also have his Danbury 1:16 Ford 2000.

In 12"/foot scale I have a Ransomes MG2, a Massey 550, and a P38 Range Rover, with others not owned but in my care.

I have P38s in 1/87, 1/64, 1/24, and 1/16, as well as 1/1.

Thanks for letting me join and get involved.

Rob.

• Like 3

I'll see what I can do, the Scaledown models are currently in storage and will have to be sorted out. It bugs me that I can't remember the name of the chap that built them. I believe he lived in either Cuckfield or Uckfield. Visited him many times over the years as my mum would order them for my dads birthday, and I would collect them when passing. He appeared to be 'well in' with Scaledown at the time (1990s). He often mentioned and I think was friends with Brian Norman.

I've probably got more photos of the 1/1 stuff at the moment but I get to work on it.

Rob.

Edited by Hair Bear
  • Like 2

Hi Rob, that would have been the late Dennis Goodburn from Henfield, he built several of mine before I bought the company 25 years ago. He's been gone well over 15 years, maybe even 20 ?....died suddenly. 

Welcome to the forum, apparently I'm the "Grandaddy".....certainly one of the oldest (occasionally)  on here.

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2023 at 11:25 PM, NIGEL FORD said:

Hi Rob, that would have been the late Dennis Goodburn from Henfield, he built several of mine before I bought the company 25 years ago. He's been gone well over 15 years, maybe even 20 ?....died suddenly. 

Welcome to the forum, apparently I'm the "Grandaddy".....certainly one of the oldest (occasionally)  on here.

Dennis built a lot of my Scaledown kits. The Massey 65 models he built are amongst my prized possessions. A lovely man and super-talented. He told me how you and him had to scrabble over old machinery in a breakers yard to get the precise measurements for the 65 High Clearance. That's dedication. The Universal Hobbies 65 is absolute rubbish by the way. They couldn't even get the bonnet shape right😂

• Like 2