taking them appart

human bean

Question

hi, looking for some help in taking my JD 3350 appart.

1st problem is that the front wheels are not on an axle. so are there wheels that can be 'clipped' onto the front without replacing the front section as ones from an axle don't fit? (from tim jd 6520)

2nd. how do you take appart a model that has these funny pins rather than screws holding it together? is it just a case of drilling them out and where can i get more when it comes to putting the model back together? (and is there a special tool needed?)

3rd. the rear arches don't seem to accept larger wheels, (tim ones from a jd 6520) so is it risky to try and raise the arches?

thanks,

bean.

p.s. ill be back with questions on adding front links and weights.

4 answers to this question

The easy way to convert this model is to get your self a Siku Fendt 926.Strip this down by prising off the bonnet and floor pan,remove the tyres and paint the wheels yellow.Then drill the heads off the revits which hold your 3350 together,put back together which epoxy inserting the front axle from the Fendt,you can also 'glue' on the linkage from the fendt although i've never fitted front linkage.

If this all puts you off send it to me and i'll do it!!!

Cheers Paul

The easy way to convert this model is to get your self a Siku Fendt 926.Strip this down by prising off the bonnet and floor pan,remove the tyres and paint the wheels yellow.Then drill the heads off the revits which hold your 3350 together,put back together which epoxy inserting the front axle from the Fendt,you can also 'glue' on the linkage from the fendt although i've never fitted front linkage.

If this all puts you off send it to me and i'll do it!!!

Cheers Paul

Thats the trouble once you've done this sort of thing, it all sounds too easy!!