The old yard at Pengwarthick Barton, West Cornwall - part of my model farm layout

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have finished the old yard at last, having added some more mud and a muck heap with pigs rummaging through it! The tractor is a Britains MF 135 with modifications. The red paintwork on the early Masseys tends to fade pink in the Cornish sun, hence the colouration. The elevator is also a modified Britains.

P1060505.JPG

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

Love it Ian, great layout,love the massey,im going to change the britains elevator to a lister as well, a colour like duck egg blue would it i think

IMG_7194.png

Yes, I mixed my own acrylic Lister colour - trial and error, but it looks OK!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cornish-model-farm said:

I have now turned my attention to the mowhay area. The Dutch barn was 3D printed by a friend and assembled, painted and weathered by me. The barn owl came from Shapeways and was painted by me. The big square bales are by Kids Globe.

P1060497.JPG

P1060498.JPG

P1060501.JPG

P1060499.JPG

Fantastic, love the owl

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Palmer said:

How does shapeways work Ian, do you have to send them a file or did you just buy the owl and are they uk based?

You just buy the model through their website, they arrange to print it and send it to you. They are based in the Netherlands and use UPS for deliveries to the UK, so more expensive than postage. 

21 hours ago, Cornish-model-farm said:

I have now turned my attention to the mowhay area. The Dutch barn was 3D printed by a friend and assembled, painted and weathered by me. The barn owl came from Shapeways and was painted by me. The big square bales are by Kids Globe.

P1060497.JPG

P1060498.JPG

P1060501.JPG

P1060499.JPG

Your layout is always wonderful to see Ian but these scenes around the barn with the parked baler and the stored ring feeders is something else.  So realistic, great to see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CX820Joe said:

Your layout is always wonderful to see Ian but these scenes around the barn with the parked baler and the stored ring feeders is something else.  So realistic, great to see.

Thank you very much Joe, kind of you to say so.