What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

They did take us right though the factory where the cut ,bend and weld ,paint and assemble the wheeled diggers and telescopic loaders but was not allowed to take photos , i think they said in a 8hr to 10hr shift there is a machine come of the line every 13 minutes , they work 24hrs on the cutting, bending and welding and painting of the parts so they have the parts for the 8/10hr day shifts , think they said there is 3500 workers on that site ,they have other sites just a few miles away making fastrac"s and cabs .as we left a helicopter left the site and we stopped at the ice cream van  

IMG-20220627-WA0018.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, ford4ever said:

in Dublin yesterday for All Ireland semi final in football and then stopped off for dinner in the Monastry Inn which is Cyril's local.passed his house I'd think on the old Galway to Dublin road

Yes that me clonard how was the food in there you would have passed house . Some game kerry did good 👍

11 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Yes that me clonard how was the food in there you would have passed house . Some game kerry did good 👍

I was at Galway match on Saturday.food was good as always.if eating on the way home always come off the motorway and eat in Fureys or Monastry Inn. passed a place that does firewood now which I think is near you.40 years ago when I was a young lad think they ran john deeres??.trying to recall.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ford4ever said:

I was at Galway match on Saturday.food was good as always.if eating on the way home always come off the motorway and eat in Fureys or Monastry Inn. passed a place that does firewood now which I think is near you.40 years ago when I was a young lad think they ran john deeres??.trying to recall.

Yes I love fureys for food but does not open on Sunday.  Next time your up this way your welcome to call in see me 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 10:50 PM, smithy said:

Some more from the VIP JCB 2 day event 

20220622_155558.jpg

20220622_155611.jpg

Thanks for your pictures of your visit to JCB.  I was especially taken with the ones of the Bamford trailer.  Did Britain’s model their early #9550 trailer on it?  Is there anywhere I could get dimensions of it as I would like to attempt a model of it?

9550.thumb.JPG.b1531e6608f42bb83cfbae7c51f2d8e0.JPG

On 7/5/2022 at 10:50 PM, smithy said:

Edited by Kirely
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 11:37 AM, Kirely said:

Thanks for your pictures of your visit to JCB.  I was especially taken with the ones of the Bamford trailer.  Did Britain’s model their early #9550 trailer on it?  Is there anywhere I could get dimensions of it as I would like to attempt a model of it?

9550.thumb.JPG.b1531e6608f42bb83cfbae7c51f2d8e0.JPG

Joal already did one in a set (40th anniversary or similar?) Sold mine years ago

• Like 1