Ron Gardiner Trailers......

NewHolland2

martin here is the trailer it is the same as the one we have on the farm except i made it to take 5 and doesn't have the box clamp on the rear. which was put on for us by ron

That's coming along nicely Peter....... :)

Will look brilliant once all loaded up with some boxes, almost looks like a Niven set-up with the 7920....... ;) ;)

I was going to use the pastic clading, but was in a local shop and saw tis corrigated card in crey and green that looked about right  so have used it instead doesn't look to bad. also it was only about ?1.30 a sheet.

have you got a name or part no. ???

• 2 weeks later...

this has been bugging me for years when did ron gardner first make trailers to sell

as when i was little and growing up near the farm that did potatoes in the summer hols they had similar trailers but lower ground clearance the rear single axel was like cut into the trailer body if you know what i mean the farmer had 3 of these trailers but ive never seen them since nor on tinter net in pics

think ron started making trailer to sell about 15 years ago but they were just the backs of lorry's  with a hitch and converted to be towed by tractors. the traier you saw as a kid were they single row on the trailers as they would have been used to open the fields.

they wernt used like rons trailers today,,, they had two 674s with two row rensomes elevator diggers  so opening a feild wasnt a big issue with trailers also in the 70s we tended to lift earler like back end of july to early sept at the latest ,also dryer seasons so the ground could cope with just the sigle axel trailers they carted boxes and paper sacks of spuds

i would realy like to see another trailer like the ones im on about  :-\